Home Buying in Washington>Question Details

Washingtonian, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

Looking to buy a condo for max $235K, walking distance to the Metro, in DC. What are my best options? I'm a single female with 2 dogs.

Asked by Washingtonian, Washington, DC Mon Jan 2, 2012

Answers

17
You have alot of different options!! It would be my pleasure to sit down with you for a buyers consultation to really understand your needs and wants, and then discuss with you which options would work best.

feel free to give me a call
413 244 4785
Dear Home Buyer,

I came across a studio condo right next door to the metro for under 200k in NW Washington for one of my investor clients today. This buidling accepts pets and is FHA approved as well. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in learning more.

Danilo
I would suggest that you consider a Condo Renovation loan because you will likely have a better chance of getting a condo in a quality neighborhood. Also, it will be personalized to your tastes. Further, many buildings are not FHA approved so by going with a Conventional loan you can get a lower monthly payment and more options. We also have 2% down no MI financing for condos if you find one that does not need work.

John
Web Reference: http://www.jfsettles.com
Dear Home Buyers, I work with a lot of buyers looking in DC with pet friendly requirements. Do you have a specific area of DC you’re interested aside from being close to the Metro? NW, NE, SW or SE. Also please feel free to email me direct on specific so I can better answer your question. Thank you Sintia
Sintiahomes@gmail.com
SH&A
Long and Foster Real Estate
Web Reference: http://www.sintiahomes.com
Kierstyn - is that you? Sounds like someone I know.
Since you are looking to buy a home in Washington DC, Do a keyword Search on google
Web Reference: http://www.GetDCSold.com
Dear Home Buyer,

There are many variables that can apply to you given the location and amenities you are looking for. Also the financing in that price range can vary as the 3.5% down payment for FHA loans and the 100% financing with few banks. The city has many other tax incentives and abatement that they offer to the home buyers.

I'd like to discuss these and more in greater detail and email you the information upon your contact. Looking forward hearing from you.

Boris Miric, Realtor 202.459.4700
http://www.borismiric.com serving DC-VA-MD
Web Reference: http://www.borismiric.com
Hi again. I just searched the MRIS/multiple listing service and found several condos that might work for you...actually, one isn't a condo, but a small boathouse on the SW waterfront! Click on this link to view the properties: http://matrixreports3.mris.com/MatrixReportServer/Output/891…(4_up)4430.PDF

Don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Juliet Zucker, Realtor
Long & Foster Real Estate Inc
(202) 491-5220
Juliet@longandfoster.com
Didn't see your follow-up re: FHA loans -- I don't think FHA loans are available for coops.
I identified condos at your at your price point and within walking distance to the metro. I will discuss the particulars with you upon contact.

Elmira Jones
Long and Foster Real Estate
Depending on your expectations of size, Petworth, Columbia Heights, and Brookland are probably your best options. However, if you are open to a studio condo, your neighborhood options will be a little more expansive. If you need help with your condo search, feel free to contact me.
There are co-ops at the sw waterfront or studios or small one BR in Capitol Hill. There are also possibly some places in Columbia hts or Petworth.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Melissa
Mbarkalow@comcast.net
Hi Washigtonian!

At 235k, this is the best time of year to buy as inventory is a little high right now. In you price range, you will most likely be looking for a small 1br in a boutique building. Lower Petworth/Columbia Heights great, as its colse to the metro, and they have dog parks too. You may want to consider Brookland and Eckington neighborhoods as well!

Hope this is helpful, and email me for details to a listing I have coming up in Columbia Heights that is in your price range!

Hillary Nash McAuley
Nash Holdings Co.
Exit Elite Realty
202.907.7301
hillarynash@mris.com
Your best option, if you have at least 10% or more for a down payment, would be to find a pet-friendly coop building. There are several in the Adams Morgan/Woodley Park area that allow multiple pets. You are more likely to find a coop building that allows several dogs, than a condo building.

Good luck and feel free to contact me at Juliet@longandfoster.com or 202-491-5220, for more info.
Forgot to add: I'm a first-time home buyer and am looking for FHA loans. I've been pre-approved for $235K and have a down payment of 10K.
What is your budget? If you would like to talk further please send me an email @ ltcaliman@gmail.com

Lorraine Twyman-Caliman
Exit Advance Realty
240-317-7191
Hello my name is Elbert Graves with Long and foster Realtors, Is there a specific area in DC that you like, If so let me know and I will do reseach for you. Elbert.graves@Lnf.com