David Earley, Real Estate Pro in Redwood Heights, Oak...

Looking to buy a condo/apartment close to downtown

Asked by David Earley, Redwood Heights, Oakland, CA Sun Jun 2, 2013

As an investment with good return and no HOA restriction (rental) - 90K budget. Is there anything out there?

Answers

16
I would like to recommend that you utilize my free website at http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com. You will be able to search for properties throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas. My website features up to date information, so you will not be finding homes and properties that are no longer available like on some of the realty websites that you may be using. My website also offers an array of neighborhood and market information that can help you make your determination on homes and locations. My featured partners are industry leaders that can assist you in making any realty transaction easy and transparent. I welcome you to utilize this amazing tool. As always I will be available to answer any questions that you may have.
Daniel,

Good talking with you today, can you send me your email....send to sohail@jamesonsir.com.

Thanks and let's connect again soon.

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Founder and Team Leader

Innovative Property Consultants Group | Sales and Leasing

http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

"Extraordinary Service For Extraordinary Lives"
Yes, there are plenty of properties in your price range in the city. The key is to move quickly as a motivated buyer because things are going fast! Please feel free to contact me if you would like help with your search. Best of luck!

Natalie.chapman@bairdwarner.com
Please email so we can discuss further . Im pretty sure we can find something just depends on how close to downtown and if you are willing to do any work. Diana@findingourbalance.com I look forward to hearing from you.
Hi David,
Yes, there are still some properties out there for that price, I have sold three of them recently in a great Lakeview neighborhood. It is a 15 - 20 minute ride (great bus service) to the Loop, and close to the lake and park so easy to rent. This would be mainly studios renting for $900 to $1100 per month.
Please call me at 312-397-3072 or email me at kris.dombeck@cbexchange.com, I would be happy to email you some listings.
Kris Dombeck
Coldwell Banker
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I will send you my list of properties under 90k
David,

You can buy a one bedroom in the south loop for $200k that will give you a good return. I have worked with out of town investors that have similar goals to you.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
ivan@atproperties.com
http://www.atproperties.com/agents/IvanSagel
Interview a few agents and see who would be a good fit to help you out.
There are a couple short sales you might want to look at.
773-255-2883. Wanda.Monterrubio@cbexchange.com
David,

There are many properties out there however getting them in downtown will be very tough. The values of the downtown market are above the $90K price range. You would find some good deals along the lake and close to it such as in Uptown and Edgewater.

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

David,

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

Thanks Sohail, Egewater is close to to Northwestern University right?
Flag Mon Jun 3, 2013
Greetings David,

No condos like this exist IN downtown, but they DO exist in neighborhoods that are a 20-30 minute bus ride or EL ride away.

Edgewater has condos that meet your criteria.

Are you buying with CASH or Financing?
Edgewater may work,
Its been a couple of years since I was last in Chicago. I assume this this is a good area too. Buying through my self directed IRA with partial financing (no underwriting though).
Flag Mon Jun 3, 2013
Not likely 'near' downtown, depending on your definition of 'near'. You can find it in Albany Park/Rogers Park/Edgewater/Humboldt & other nearby neighborhoods...........West of Western and North of Irving Park.
not realistic and waste of time..150 K is budget
There are condos out there. You may want to check way up north. Get a good buyers agent to help out.
Web Reference: http://AmericorpRe.com
Yes there are some condos you can check