Home Buying in Granger>Question Details

ALP, Home Buyer in Granger, IN

Looking to buy VERY soon in Granger/Penn District. Let us know of anything possibly going on the market soon.

Asked by ALP, Granger, IN Thu Jun 14, 2012

We are looking to buy now in the Granger area. Penn schools is a must right now. Wishlist includes 4 bedroom, large lot, larger home (2900 SF plus) finished basement, somewhat updated, cul de sac...Our price max is around 350k. We have seen quite a bit already that's listed now but didn't just love any of them yet. If you know of anything popping on the market soon, let me know! Thanks.

Answers

7
Did you find your new home yet? If not, contact me at laswank@aol.com and I may have an option for you.

Larry
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 30, 2013
Are you still looking in this area?
Good morning ALP,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
There is one home (not in 3rd phase but on great street) you may want to see. 51277 HARBOR RIDGE DR. GRANGER. IN.
Best advice is to find an agent that can assist you. If they don't want to door knock, find a new agent and happy buying.....
Monique
Are you redy to buy? I am listing a home tomorrow in Terri Brooke. Four bedroom recently remodeled with granite in the kitchen and over 3/4 of basment is finished. Huge backyard. May want to get a showing scheduled if this is your area. Listing price will be around $210,000.
Great for you!! There isn't a whole lot of inventory but there are some ideas to help your chances. First, do you have an agent or are you calling listing agents to look at homes? I would suggest having an agent and making sure they know the area very well. They may have more information that other agents don't. Second, ask your agent to send the new listings daily. Third, I would ask your agent to contact the agents in the MLS and ask if any have homes they are listing in the next couple weeks. And fourth, if there is a particular home you like, don't be afraid to ask the owners if they would sell or have your agent do it. you never know until you try.
Best of luck and happy buying
Monique Snelson
I have a buyer right now in that same price range up to $350K, and there are not a whole lot of choices right now! I did just list a home in Covington Shores 2 days ago at $349,900. Did you see that one already? It is move-in condition, but it is not on a cul de sac and is under 2800 sq. ft. It is very nice!
14581 Heatherton Dr. MLS# 256493
Yes, saw it listed. I get that Covington Shores is supposed to be "nicer" but really, the homes seem pretty overpriced to me. Cul De sac isn't mandatory, but we have small kids so a quieter street is more like what we are looking for. We saw a home we liked but it was 2900 sf and it just felt small. Maybe it was the floorplan.
Flag Thu Jun 14, 2012