Quattro, Home Buyer in Hollywood, FL

Looking to buy Ocean front condo in the Hallandale/Hollywood/Sunny Isles area

Asked by Quattro, Hollywood, FL Tue Apr 1, 2014

I'm looking to buy an ocean front condo in the Hallandale/Hollywood/Sunny Isles area. The purpose of this home is to be a vacation home, but I want to have the ability to rent it out atleast on a monthly basis.

What are the options and what price rage am I looking at? Based on the my research these are the condos that fit my criteria... are there any other options?

Condos with Monthly rentals allowed
- Tides
- Beach club II (studio den unit)
- Alexander Towers

Condos with Weekly rentals allowed
- Ocean Reserve

My budget is between the 250k-340k range including all closing costs and fees. I know that I can get a 1bdr in this range, but a 1bdr den would be nice.

Thanks for your respnoses!

Hello if you are serious about buying in this seller’s market you'll need to find a good Realtor that can answer ALL your questions for this property and others. Go to the top of Trulia and click on Find An Agent, then input the city you are interested in. The top Realtors will appear, click on their profile AND read their recommendation letters. If a Realtor has been in business for a minimum 10 years and has lots of recommendations then I’d call and interview the top 3 that have that level of experience and success.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 1, 2014
Wonderful Question Quattro
Your price range is spot on & I know of the buildings your speaking about. But enough about me,
do you have other specifics your looking for in this home?
For example:
Are you looking to get a certain Rate of Return when you do rent the home?
Would you like to rent it furnished?
How many months out of the year are you looking to rent?
What is the maximum in HOA fees that your willing to pay?
When would you like to make this purchase?
The list goes on.

It's vital that my team & I have a full understanding of what you want so that we don't waste any time.
Call/Text or email me @ 954.610.9112 or ACEVEDOFLORIDA@GMAIL,COM

or swing on by my office @ 1948 Harrison Street, Hollywood, Florida, 33020 (right in downtown hollywood)

Have an amazing day!! - Eddie
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 1, 2014
Thanks for the response Eddie. I'm actually a Canadian resident, so I'm not in FL at the moment, but I have a tripped planned in the next 2 weeks or so. To answer your questions:
- I'm not looking to get a specific rate of return, but the higher the better ofcourse
- I would rent it furnished
- I'm looking to rent it ideally from May to November/December
- The HOA fees depends on the condo, but I don't want to exceed $600/m
- I'm ready to make the purchase when I find the right unit.. it can be this month, or it can be as long as it takes (i.e. shortsale unit)
Flag Tue Apr 1, 2014
It will be my pleasure to help you find the right vacation home for you and your family.
Feel free to contact me directly at:( 954) 614-4274 cell or via email Dorina@ReFloridaHomes.com
You could find my website very helpful as well: http://www.refloridahomes.com
Or you could also search for properties directly from my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/refloridahomes
I look forward to hear back from you. Have a great day!
Call me and I will locate that unit for you
How about South Beach's Decoplage - next to Ritz Carlton.
Some units there could fit into your price range...and monthly rentals are allowed.
The area there will bring even more money in monthly rent.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
Hi Quattro,

I highly recommend the Tides. I actually lived there this past summer while I was renovating my new home and had a great time. The building was recently renovated with new balconies and the amenities are superb. The staff is wonderful and the beach and pool area are incredible. Definitely a great rental property. As an investment, you want to get into something that is relatively new or has recently been renovated so that you don't have any unpleasant surprises. A rental on the beach is prime real estate any way you see it.

I know several people at the Tides and know the building inside out. If you're interested in seeing a few units, please let me know. The shoulder season is a good time to buy ( Right after Easter) because soon the snowbirds head back North and rentals slow down before the summer, so owners tend to become more "motivated" during this time.

A few other good rentals - although not on the beach, but in Aventura, are the Yacht Club and Village by the Bay. Great ROI and high rents because they're in Aventura. More so as seasonal. The downside is no beach, .... but you have the mall. The Marco Polo in Aventura offers a hotel rental program. You buy your unit, put it in the hotel rental program which splits the revenue with you and when you come, you simply make a reservation and stay in your unit. Each property has it's pluses and minuses... it really depends what you want and where you want to stay when you come for your vacation.
Many owners either rent through Real estate agents or through sites like homeaway.com or VRBO.com. these are excellent seasonal rental sites. I know of a few others that I can share with you. That also happens to be my expertise since my background is in the hotel and property management business... short term seasonal rentals and vacation homes are my thing.

Give me a call and I can show you a few of these units as well as help you rent them out on a seasonal basis. 305-733-8782
Hi, Quattro!

My name is Regina Butler and I'm a Realtor in Hollywood. I've lived and worked in the area for 20 plus years. This area is an incredible place to live. Let me assist you in purchasing your vacation home. Please, give me a call at 954-899-1912, I look forward to hear from you!

Regina Butler
Hollywood Homes
Send me a email and I can help you for more info
Send us and email and our TEAM will be happy to send you some options realtyperfected@gmail.com
The Tides, Alexander Tower, and Oceanview in Sunny Isles will meet your budget with one bedrooms. Beach Club is priced higher even with their lower end prices in building 2. I also recommend Sea Air Tower for month to month rentals.
I recommend the Britannia and Catania buildings if you want a den but prices are reaching mid 300s. Plus they have a 4 month minimum.
Please contact me and lets discuss what is currently available for you. I live and work in the area.

Paul Heller
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Florida Realty
18901 N.E. 29th Avenue, Suite 100
Aventura, FL 33180
954-559-6411 cell
305-749-1583 work
305-932-6355 fax
TRC, CSMS, E-Certified,REO Specialist
If you are looking to buy or sell property, go to my website at http://www.SoFlaBeachHomes.com
Hi Quattro. The info you have on renting rules is incorrect. Please contact me for updated information. I work and live in the area of interest. Also, not many 1 bedroom plus den options available either. Again, we ca discuss your options.

Alin Zdroba
954-418-2154 (office)
Hello, you are in the right price range and may be able to find similar prices in Aventura. Contact me directly and I can help you find what you are looking for.

Thank you.
Also another followup question. How is the Aventura area for short term rentals? I know I can get much better deals in Aventura... but unsure of the short term rental policy in those condos. Thanks again!
Yet another great question.

Aventura does have some great options, we have to careful about the increase in taxes in Miami-Dade County as well as certain insurance increases.

I'd say it would be best to really hash out all the specifics of what you want in your investment/home & allow my team & I to do all the heavy lifting.
Flag Tue Apr 1, 2014