Home Buying in Mesa>Question Details

Bob-o Bonin, Home Buyer in Acton, MA

Looking to build new. The wife and I are from Boston, any neighborhoods we should focus on? We're both 25 with 2 dogs and no kids!

Asked by Bob-o Bonin, Acton, MA Thu Jun 27, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Mesa

Answers

18
Bob,

Do you have any idea in Arizona where you would like to be? Do you know where you will be working? Do you want to be in a family planned community or have an acre lot with no HOA? What is your price point?

I have several great places to recommend to you, depending on your price point and location.

Please feel free to give me a call so we can discuss!

SHEILA POPECK
Re/Max Classic Agent

Fax: 480-832-0832

email: Sheila37@me.com
Good Morning Bob,

Are you planning on buying a lot and building a home or are you wanting a new home built in a new home subdivision?
The question you should ask yourself is how far are you willing to commute to your work?
When you have established that you would need to find out if there are any properties, land or new communities that fit within your budget.
A Realtor that knows the area, Building from ground up for a Custom Home or a New Build in a New Community will be able to help you through questions you Will have.

If you have require additional information please let me know!

Have a GREAT day!
Vivien Biggs PLC
602-615-9137
Prudential Arizona Properties
Hello Bob!!

Be prepared to move into the H-E-A-T, it is getting hot!! ;)

There are a lot of great neighborhoods with new builds: Mountain Bridge in north east Mesa near the 202 or Eastmark which is a brand new up and coming community in south east Mesa near the 202 and the 60. There are TONS if new builds all over Gilbert and Chandler as well!

If you would like me to help you look at any of these communities, I would be more than happy to do so!

Give me a call or email me if you want me to help!!

Amber

Realty ONE Group
480-370-7767
AmberR@RealtyOneAZ.com
Bob check out the north-east Mesa area. Great neighborhoods and good freeway access. Do you have an area in mind Job or business?
Bob,

There are so many new build out there. it would depend on where you want to live in the Phoenix area. I work in the South East Valley - Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Apache Junction. If these are areas you are interested in, I would love to here from you.

Always,

Brenda Sanford
Sun Canyon Realty
480-215-9863
Brenda-sanford@hotmail.com
Bob,

There are many great locations in the Phoenix Metro area.

I have experience with many new home builders in the area, I could walk you through the process of a track home or complete build on land of your choice. I also have the references to the best available lenders.

I will need to know price range and what amenities and options you would like for your home.

Feel free to contact me direct for guidance and materials for your process.

Lucinda Tkach
lucindat@longrealty.com
602-799-6846
Hi Bob-o,
You can start a new home search at: http://www.newhomesource.com/
I can assist you throughout the search, contract and building process at no cost to you for my services.
If you are a music fan, a weekly event to check out here in Tempe, next door to Mesa, is the long running weekly, Blunt Club: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Blunt-Club/108534568936

Liza Rhima
Dream Homes to Investments * Bank Owned Listing Agent
US Preferred Realty
4 8 0 - 7 8 8 - 4 0 1 6
l i z a r h i m a @ g m a i l . c o m
Bob, There are several great new build communities around town. Are you looking exclusively in Mesa? Will you be here soon to look for one? My team and I would love to help. We are the #1 rated team on Trulia and other websites. I'd have several other questions regarding what you are looking for. Whoever you choose to work with, please do get someone representing YOU when you go to a new build. Granted, there's not really any negotiation of price at new builds, but you still want someone there to ask the right questions. If you walk in there without a REALTOR the agents at the new builds represent the builder, not you. Call me if you want to discuss further or are ready to move forward.

David Hulka, REALTOR® - West USA Realty
Mister Rogers Homes Real Estate Group
http://www.MisterRogersHomes.com
Hi Bob,

There are some great new communities in the Mesa/Gilbert area; builders have really picked-up the pace in the past few months. What price range are you and your wife looking at? Also how many bedrooms/bath and approximate square footage would you like to have?

The new Eastmark Development is a great new community with 7 different builders in all different price ranges: http://www.eastmark.com . I recommend you take a professional Realtor with you on your first visit. A Realtor will represent YOU the buyer and there is no cost to you. The Builder looks out for their own best interest, so being represented by your own agent in a new build transaction is definitely favorable. Also we are able to negotiate better deals for you.

If you are interested in energy efficiency, I recommend Meritage Homes. They are a great quality builder and have incredible energy efficiency. If you like flexibility in your home design I recommend Maracay Homes, another good quality builder. Lennar Homes separate themselves by offering "a home within a home" for families who need personal space for aging parents or other family members. William Lion is a great quality builder here in Arizona, and if your budget is higher I recommend Tollbrothers. On a lesser budget, Continental Homes and Ryland Homes offer some good floor-plans, as do Fulton Homes. The new Freeman Farms community may be of interest to you. East Mesa, Queen Creek and San Tan Valley will be more affordable than Chandler or Gilbert.

Give me a call or send me an e-mail at amy.orear.realtor@gmail.com and I would be happy to assist you! I have represented many buyers in new home sales and I know of dozens of great new neighborhoods I could take you too.

Best wishes,

Amy O'Rear, REALTOR®
HomeSmart International
2680 S Val Vista Dr, Suite 101
Gilbert, AZ 85295-1606
Direct: 480-664-9950
Mobile: 480-580-1221
Office/Fax: 602-503-4280
it looks like you've gotten some really great answers.if you're looking for somebody that's going to give you the dedication and time that you deserve to find exactly the new house you want. All you have to do is give me a call at 480 246 6345 I look forward to hearing from you. you can also email me exactly what you're looking for hallockhomes@gmail.com
Hi Bob,

Give me a call and I personally take you and your lovely to every new build community in Mesa and Gilbert so you can choose for yourself. There are some awesome communities and Eastmark is on the top of many lists because there are 7 builders there within one community. As intriguing about the community is it is developed by DMB and associates and they have master planned some of the valley's premier communities such as Verrado and Marley Park in the west valley and DC Ranch and Silverleaf in the greater Scottsdale area.

- Mark
mark@sellingmesahomes.com
480-773-5195
Hey Bob, I hope you are a Red Sox fan! (My hubby is from Winthrop and I became a Sox fan by osmosis.)

Anyway, yes, in Mesa there are several new construction communities. Those with the biggest selection of lots and floor plans include Lehi, Mountain Bridge, and Eastmark, and there are some other smaller builds going on. Depending on your tastes and price range, there are one-off lots ranging from middle-of-the-road to luxurious with views, scattered around the valley.

In addition to obvious preferences of layout and size, focus on energy-efficient construction. Some builders and communities focus on net zero costs for cooling over a year. The other thing to focus on is location relative to where you will be working, and commuting distance.

With your pets, how much wildlife, and what kind they will encounter, is a consideration on where to buy. If you have small dogs, avoid what we call view fences (just railings) that typically back up to a golf course or wild land. Reason: coyotes love to prey on small dogs and those view fences are an open invitation. if you have large dogs, don't worry about coyotes, but consider rattlesnake aversion training once you get here, especially if you like to hike.

Also, parks for walking the dogs and a not-too-oppressive pet policy in the Homeowner's Association are useful. The City of Mesa is very strict about dogs being on-leash at all times, but there are several off-leash dog parks that are popular, and no doubt there will be more in the future. Some communities tolerate informal off-leash gatherings but don't count on them as part of your buying plan.

You can probably tell I'm a dog lover too. I'd be very happy to assist you with your plans. If you would email me directly at anngmesa@gmail.com, I would be happy to set up a custom search for you. Just tell me a bit more about what you are looking for in terms of size, features, and price.

Ann Griffin, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Trails and Paths
480-789-9584
Mesa is a large city- do you know what part of it you want to build in? If not, it would be a great idea to come out and visit to decide that first. Also, are you looking to build a custom home, or buy new from a builder? I'd be happy to research and send you some new build homes and different neighborhoods if you'd like. Just shoot me an email with what you're looking for, or feel free to give me a call.

Thanks!

Dawn Martini
selling_az@yahoo.com
480-233-5937
Are you planning on building custom, or purchasing a new build? If you would like to talk to a professional that has both worked for builders and owned a design/build company, feel free to co tact me directly at 480.306.0730 . Good luck !
There is a terrific new community called Eastmark. It is just starting out with 7 builders opening models (June 1st) . There will be parks and shopping, a lake...it will be the place to be in Mesa. If you are interested you should have a realtor represent you. You need to have someone watching out for your best interest. If you would like help give me a call 480 721-1195 Jean
A number of factors will come into play for you:
Do you like the urban area or more suburban?
Night life?
College events?
Pro Sports?
Arts?
What price range are you looking to invest?
Are you employed and where?
How long of a commute are you willing to make?

I recently moved a couple from Boston, maybe they would tell you what they like and don't?
There are a lot of new builds going up as we speak through out the valley. The first thing to do is narrow down the area, then go from there. There may be some spec homes available, otherwise please keep in mind that building takes 5-6 months. I would love to help. You can go to my website and search like a Realtor at Shallueworks4u.com

Please contact me if I can be of help!!
Have you considered the area that you are interested in? There are some great communities with new builds, it just really depends on what you are looking for.