Kip & Sh…, Home Buyer in Nappanee, IN

Looking to "Rent to Own" a home? Where can I find Homes that are "Rent to Own"?

Asked by Kip & Shelly Diemer, Nappanee, IN Mon Jan 27, 2014

Answers

1
Kip and Shelly, You have just become another victim of the Dobbs/Franks act. The portion that become effective Jan 1, 2014 essentially eliminated this segment of the real estate market. ANY financing arrangement with an 'occupant buyer" (Rent to own and Lease Option fall into this category) impose huge requirements of the lender/owner that will result in the ONLY option available to you is rent or buy through a bank. Now, I can not say this is a bad thing. RTO and LEASE OPTIONS were extremely predatory and engineered to separate the naive from their money. Now, this predation is more difficult to do. But, folks will figure out a way. YOU, however, should be spending your energy, both physical and mental, on becoming qualified for a home mortgage. Any bonefide RTO will be purely rend with a companion saving component through a CD. YOU will never gain a control interest in the property.