Bentleyweim, Home Buyer in Waretown, NJ

Looking into buying at Four Seasons at Harbor Bay or Sea Oaks.

Asked by Bentleyweim, Waretown, NJ Sun Jan 27, 2013

Looking into buying at Four Seasons at Harbor Bay or Sea Oaks. I know Hovnanian (Sorry for typo) has had many problems with their homes in Mirage (Barnegat) under the name Menk, which I found is really Hov. Are there any issues with Sea Oaks or Harbor Bay i should be aware of? Thanks!!

Answers

4
Laura Giannotta’s answer
Those homes with problems in were NOT Hovnanian built. Hovanian bought the out the developer and the development, then finished it. Most of the issues with those homes have been resolved as a result of a law suit. Though the blog below current sale numbers is not 2013, it explains the problem and I've posted the updated 2013 numbers below the link.
.
http://activerain.com/blogsview/2182333/retirement-communiti…

At Mirage (Four Seasons in Barnegat) there 25 homes for sale ranging in price from $214,000 to $379,999.

At Sea Oaks in Little Egg Harbor there are 19 homes for sale ranging in price from $195,000 to $398,000.

I have represented buyers and sellers at 55+ communities in Barnegat, Manahawkin and Little Egg Harbor, I have had no complaints with Hovnanian built homes.

Please contact Little Egg Harbor REALTOR Laura Giannotta for further information. You can contact through Trulia, or call 609-384-6121.
More info that Menk and Hov are connected to each other

Officers at Hovsons, Inc.
Click on to the left of the name to see the Connection Visualizer.
Hirair Hovnanian President and Director at Hovsons, Inc.
President at Hovchild, Inc.
Director and President at Hovnanian Leasing Corporation

- View 2 other companies
Hide other companies Tinton Falls, NJ

Edele Hovnanian Vice President at Hovsons, Inc.
President at Hovchild Partnership Inc
President and Vice President at Hovnanian Leasing Corporation
President at Hovnanian Property Management Co Inc
Chief Executive Officer and President at Menk Industries Corp
Flag Mon Jan 28, 2013
Hi Laura, Menk is/was assosciates with Hov, I believe Menk was "run" by a wife of one if the Hov brothers

Armen Hovnanian is associated with several companies, including Hovchild Partnership Inc, Hovnanian Leasing Corporation and Menk Industries Corp. Armen Hovnanian has 6 known relationships including John R. Vogel, Hirair Hovnanian and Edele Hovnanian and is located in Tinton Falls, NJ.
direct dial: (732) 922-6100
Sources: Dun & Bradstreet last refreshed 11/10/2012
Florida Department of State last refreshed 11/10/2012

Contact Armen Hovnanian Background Check Criminal Check Phone Number
Flag Mon Jan 28, 2013
Check out Ripoff.com to see three stories about Harbor Bay and KHOV. You should think about Sea Oaks which is an already established community. It is not private and gated. KHOV continues to say that Harbor Bay is private and gated, but it is not.

The Board of Directors has changed the commercial vehicle policy and now they are allowed. You can have a boat, trailer, and trucks.

Harbor Bay has a group of people that have used bullying tactics to get what they want. They are in charge because they moved here five years ago when it first opened. They do things to serve their needs and bad mouth anyone who disagrees with them.. They use bullying tactics and can be nasty.
Beware of this community.

As far as the builder, the quality has gone downhill. The contractors do not employ workers that have a lot of experience and as a result, you could have crooked walls, windows, and uneven floors if you have the wrong workers, as we did.
Nope - no issues in Sea Oaks or Harbor Bay that I'm aware of. Since I live in Sea Oaks I can say with relative certainty that I haven't heard of or experienced any problems. In Mirage, MENK (K Hov's cousin) was the "old" builder; apparently they built some substandard housing Then, KHOV took them over and built the newer homes. I have had many listings in Sea Oaks and have one right now in Harbor Bay (and sold one in Harbor Bay) and there were no issues. Hope this helps!
Check (with a local agent) to see if there are any pending lawsuits against the builder in that complex - that could cause some lenders to turn down loans - many ask to have a "condo questionaire" filled out by the management or association. If there is any pending litigation, it could factor in.
Not all banks require a questionaire, though.

Speak with a local mortgage rep and get their take on this.

My friend is questioning the same thing, but she already owns a unit in a northern NJ complex, and wanted to know how, or if, this would impact a sale.
Check it out.

Best wishes........