Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Salehome, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Looking for to buy an apartment under $60K cash in NYC?

Asked by Salehome, New York, NY Sat Oct 1, 2011

Answers

13
Your best bet is definitely the Bronx. There are some lovely areas in Pelham bay and Country club in that price range. Nowadays with so many short sales, you have many options. Give me a call and I can show you some. 718-510-3012.
Web Reference: http://www.thebronxmls.com
I think "Salehome" gets it now.
Studio is possible to find(CO-OP) in brooklyn if you are lucky enough.When you are ready to sell or buy real estate in Brooklyn,NY and if you'd like to get help from a full time agent who is a skilled negotiator and an aggressive marketer,also who provides unique and un-parallel real estate service, give me a call 646 355 7395 or by email abumusa@fillmore.com

If you would like to know about Brooklyn Real estate and Brooklyn Neighborhoods visit http://www.brooklynrealestatenyc.com

Abu Musa
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Fillmore Real Estate
Cell 646 355 7395
Email abumusa@fillmore.com
http://www.brooklynrealestatenyc.com
what? We are talking about the largest city in America Right? If you need a place to invest in Cheep Real Estate(which i don't think can be found in NYC) i would suggest Florida. We have seen returns for clients in excess of 20% each year in the down market.

Read more about the options here. http://wp.me/P1MLJl-4x

thanks
I would like to buy one for myself. Let me know if they exist.
Yelena
Sale, Did you mean under $600K? I see people saying below that they have homes for the price you mention in the Bronx? I'm not familiar with the Bronx as I specialize in Manhattan but I wonder that they even exist in the bronx unless a foreclosure or distressed or government sale. I would be extremely cautious and make sure that you are represented my an experienced attorney specializing in NYC real estate of your own choosing-not one recommended by the selling broker.
Hi Salehome. You may have figured out by now that your price range is quite restrictive. Obviously, the New York just about everyone thinks of are the most prime areas. Your price would put you either well above Manhattan or in another borough. The real question is, how flexible are you for specific location? If you want to find something for $60K flexibility will be key. Gooduck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 1, 2011
Hi Salehome,

New York City is divided in 5 boroughs: Manhattan, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens and Bronx. With a budget of under $60K it would be very difficult to find a property within your budget in the 4 first, although you will find a better option in the latter.
Feel free to contact me to help you with your hunt!

Laura Thierer
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Homestate Properties LLC
102 Fulton Street
212-693-9000
lthierer@homestateproperties.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 1, 2011
Salehome,

It is possible to purchase a unit with 60K cash. There are several areas in the Bronx that has Studio to 1 bedroom units currently on the market in that range. These are all Coops that prices begin in $50,000 - $60,000 range. In Parkchester and Pelham Parkway you can purchase a Studio or 1 bedroom from $70,000 - $80,000, the commute from these areas to Grand Central Station is apprx. 45-50 minutes.

I would be glad to discuss some of the options that are available to you.

Nirmala Caraballo
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Cruse Realty / Cruz Network
Tel.: 646-479-7873
E-mail: nhcaraballo@yahoo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 1, 2011
Good Evening, I can help you find a coop in NYC for that price. I have a studio apartment. For $50K, also ther also there are some 1 bedrooms for $55-65K. Just give me a call and let see how I can help. I can be reached at (914) 527-5733.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 1, 2011
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 1, 2011
Please let us know how this works out...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 1, 2011
Salehome,

Unfortunately, this does not exist. New York City is the strongest market in the country. You can find these prices in Pennsylvania. If you would like me to refer you to an agent out there I'd be happy to do so.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 1, 2011