Home Buying in Terre Haute>Question Details

Julie, Home Buyer in Worthington, IN

Looking for someone to do a home inspection in the Terre Haute/Brazil Indiana area. Anyone have any referrals for that area? Thank you.

Asked by Julie, Worthington, IN Mon Jun 18, 2012

Answers

4
I have had the opportunity to use all the inspectors mentioned, I have been a Realtor in Terre Haute for 19-years & when I have to do a whole house inspection I use Rick Louderback (812-236-6325). He is very honest, fair & does a complete job & communicates well W/my clients. He supplies every inspection with a written report explaining what he has found along W/pictures to back up his written observations. Rick is also licensed to do termite inspections, Radon measurements, water samples: Bacteria/Lead/Chem. & for a house less than 2500 Sq. Ft. he charges $210.00 & over 2500 sq. ft. $260.00. BUT... I would caution anyone using a whole house inspector, they are not licensed or bonded in all of the trades that they inspect. Example: Once the inspector figures out the A/C is not cooling properly (from a thermometer they put in the vent) they will tell you to contact a licensed HVAC person for further investigation. Then you have to turn around & pay another company to come in & figure out what the specific problem is that the whole house inspector has thrown up the red flag on. If I have multiple areas of concern I line up the specific tradesman & have everyone come 15-20-min later than the last & I am able to get specific areas inspected & if an issue is found I can get an estimate for repair instead of having to hire multiple people/companies for the same job.
Ron Jackson and Associates! If you want a VERY THOROUGHLY then he IS your man for the job!
I have known Ron and his wife for probably twenty+ years. They are a Great Christian couple!
Call 812-5090 and tell them Amy sent you. You wont regret, only thing you Will regret is if you Don't choose Ron Jackson and Associates! :)
I would search the zip you are in for a Trulia Pro and ask them for a few names
Julie,
Suggest Ater Home Inspection, Gary Ater (812)208-2636. Solid work, fair price, fast and complete results. Good Luck, Joe