Heather Larr…, Home Owner in Lincoln, NE

Looking for someone to buy our house!

Asked by Heather Larreau, Lincoln, NE Tue May 15, 2012

2041 Hedge Apple Court Lincoln, NE 68521

Answers

4
Heather, I would be happy to pass your home's info on to our buyer clients. Email me with the details of your home. I believe you should have my email address because I have sent you some info in the past.
How do I "list" my house as for sale on here?
Flag Tue May 15, 2012
I will send you an email Jason... Thanks!
Flag Tue May 15, 2012
When you list your home with a Real Estate professional who has a good track record of experience and education you will get the maximum exposure to potential buyers from all sources and typically you will also get excellent advice in staging and price positioning in the market which results more often than not in a higher price in a shorter time.
When you are selling as a for sale by owner, you do not have to pay a professional usually, but the buyer knows this also and uses it against you when negotiating. They want to save the commission also by buying it cheaper. You usually are also more than likely up against a more savvy buyer, since relocation buyers, first time buyers and people who have houses to sell first are typically not in a position to buy directly from an owner or are uncomfortable doing this and not sure how to make all of the process work.
In addition, many agents will be happy to show your home to their buyers and you will pay at least half of the commission to the Buyers Agent and still not have the market exposure and most of the time still end up with a lower price, since the Buyer' Agent is working for the Buyer and not you.

some agents will offer to represent both sides for a slightly higher commission. If you decide to then bring in your own agent to help you with your side, you then end up paying a full commission and you still did not get all of the perks or marketing that you would get with a regular professional listing.
There is a reason that full service Companies and Agents charge what they do and it is because usually you end up with more money in your pocket, not less and they take care of the headaches and paperwork plus provide valuable marketing and experience!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 15, 2012
Thanks for insulting me. But I'm good!!
Flag Tue May 15, 2012
Heather,

I'm certain there is a question in there somewhere......but a general statement is something difficult to respond to accurately. Are you using an agent? Is this a for sale by owner? Are you in the beginning stages and thinking about selling? Is this a distressed sale? Th questions can go on and on........

Ssimple stated, selling anything is all about visibility. The more people that are aware of your opportunity, the greater the chance of finding someone that can relate to the property. Since over 90% of all home searches involve an internet search, it would be wise to make sure this is an essential piece of any marketing plan.

Best wishes,

If you are trying to "Sell Buy Owner", then claim your home on Trulia.com, Zillow.com, and post adds on craigslist. This will increase your exposure. Be sure to solicit your friends by facebook and email. Make a flyer with pictures and post it everywhere online.