Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

William Stra…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Looking for someone that works in the east Garfield park area

Asked by William Strauss, Chicago, IL Wed Jul 16, 2014

Answers

12
Dear William, I previously worked with Wayne Beals (who answered here earlier) on purchasing REO properties for a City of Chicago administered program in East Garfield Park, so I can assure you that he knows the area very well. I'd give him a call.

Christopher Thomas
Exit Strategy Realty
2235 W. North Av. Chicago, IL 60647
(773) 770-5947 (cell) (312) 577-0985 (fax)
chris@myagentchris.com
http://myagentchris.com
I am happy to either find you a broker or work with you myself. Please give me a call to discuss what it is that you are looking for.
Opportunities abound in that neighborhood. Be sure to get yourself preapproved first before starting the home search process.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDLOANS.com
William,

As a Mortgage Banker, I work in all areas of the city, and I'm sure each of the realtors who responded will want to see that you're pre-approved, so when you get a chance, give me a call.

And check out my references on Trulia!

Matt Bukovy
Senior Mortgage Consultant
Blueleaf Lending LLC
(a division of Midwest Community Bank)
773-416-7107
mbukovy@blueleaflending.com
Web Reference: http://www.mattbukovy.com
Are you looking to buy, sell or rent in the area? I work with buyers and sellers in that area, but I do not usually rent in the area. I actually live in Garfield Park myself so I'm very familiar with the neighborhood. Call me if you'd like to speak 312-342-2966
I work in that area. I have an investor client who has purchased there & I find her the renters. Call me at 773-914-5309 or email bbiederman@citypointrealty.com.
I work in that area , and i have some properties listed there
Yo trabajo en ese barrio de Chicago y tengo algunas propiedades alli
There is a lot of agents. Search on here and narrow it down by the zip.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 17, 2014
Hey William,

Know it well, and alway felt that it would come back strong after the dip. And here's the latest:

As of June 2014, Median Price is up 47.1% over prior year. The volume of new listings is basically the same, year over year, so it's likely the increased price stems from increased demand. The return of first time homebuyer activity has helped, but also the reduced inventory in surrounding markets has pushed investors into East Garfield, increasing the sold price of REO property 49.1% year over year as of the same period.

Hope this helps and you can always reach out for help if needed.

Wayne Beals
312-772-3257
"Best Real Estate Agent in a Tough Market' - Chicago Reader, Best of Chicago 2014
Beals Verdin & Company LTD
I can introduce you to single best realtor over there. She lives in Smith Park and manages and rents lots of buildings in East Garfield. Really knows the "lay of the land". Veteran realtor and investor.

Or, you could work with me, too. I have been selling for 20 years, mostly representing buyers and I am very familiar with East Garfield. I have sold, owned and rented numerous properties over there, over the years. If you give me a street and a block I can even describe the properties on it ;-)
Hi William!

I would be glad to reach out to you and help you in any way that I can!

Colin Lubinski
Berkshire Hathaway KoenigRubloff
(773)680-6614
Clubinski@koenigrubloff.com
Hello William,
I can help; you can reach me at allison@daprileproperties.com or (773) 556-6784.
Thanks!
Allison McGowan
d'aprile properties