Home Buying in Delray Beach>Question Details

Sdrechsler19…, Home Buyer in Voorhees, NJ

Looking for single family ranch between beach & intracoastal & Atlantic and Linton in the 650k range.

Asked by Sdrechsler1950, Voorhees, NJ Wed Sep 12, 2012

Answers

19
Have you considered the Lake Ida area of Delray Beach, just north of Atlantic Ave.? It's a real neighborhood, family-friendly, with mature trees, parks and a theater by the lake. No apartment buildings, only houses. This is not a cookie-cutter community. There are a few ranch homes, all upgraded, that are priced within or close to your requested range. If you contact me, I will send you listings and take you around if you can fly in for a day or two. Let me know how I can help.

Jill Tarlow
Coldwell Banker Delray Beach
Office: 561-278-0300
1185 E. Atlantic Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33483
E-mail: jill.tarlow@floridamoves.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
You are not alone in looking for a single family home in that price point (under $1,000,000) in East Delray Beach.

There are not many homes in that location first of all, and the amount of homes that are on the market is limited.

You also have to consider the property taxes and insurance prices when buying out East, as many buyers are unaware of the annual costs associated with a home, in addition to a mortgage (unless you are paying cash). The rates are higher than out West, and Flood insurance is necessary to secure.

Truthfully, I think you missed the boat on finding a nice single family ranch in the 650k range in the area you desire. You may find a small 2 or 3 bedroom pop up, that needs a ton of work on a small lot in that area, but the prices are rising in this area, and more buyers are entering the market on a daily basis.

Delray Beach bank owned properties are extremely limited as well. In all of Delray Beach, there are currently only 8 active listings on the market. Two of those are in country clubs, one is in kings point 55+ community, and the other 5 will probably be scooped up in the next month. Some agents often mis-list properties on the MLS as "bank owned" that are actually "corporate owned". Two years ago, 9/2010, the number of active bank owned listings was at 40. In todays market, Bank owned properties are selling often 10% above asking price, sometimes more, with cash offers galore, and multiple bids (highest and best please)

For example, there is a new listing in Delray Lakes, bank owned, by Nationstar, at 1260 Delray Lakes Drive, Delray Beach, FL, 33444, that was listed two days ago (9-10-2012) by Joe Sauter of Prudential for $278,900 measuring 2696 sq ft under air (3b/2b 3 car garage). It's a great opportunity, and although I haven't checked, I'm have to believe there are multiple offers on it at the moment. Time will tell, but I would guess that this property sells for at least $290,000.

What I'm saying is, that what you are looking for is unrealistic, and many buyers do not understand the current Real Estate market in Delray Beach as of 9-12-2012 (maybe you do, but I'm just saying).

Finding a local professional in Delray Beach is essentialnif you want to buy a hot property that hits the market. I can put you on an automated search for your parameters, so you will have NEW listings come to your email the moment they hit the market on the MLS.

Just make sure you have your proof of funds available (bank statement/401k statement with your name on it with the account number crossed off will work), or a pre-approval letter and proof of your initial deposit ready to go. If you don't you may have already missed the boat!

Please feel free to call me or email anytime

Jeremy Olsher
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Mizner Residential Realty LLC
561-400-3737 cell
561-495-1516 office
jeremyolsher@gmail.com
http://www.mizrr.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 12, 2012
Very well said, Jeremy. He is absolutely correct in all assessments of this area.
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012
Dear Sdrechsler1950,,

Delray Beach is a fabulous area whether it's your primary residence or second home.
Currently there are no single family homes that meet your criteria.

IF you would consider being just south of Linton, perhaps Pelican Harbor neighborhood
may be a nice fit for you:
http://search.agentboca.com/i/8526/Pelican_Harbor_Homes_For_…

You can also check out: http://search.agentboca.com/idx/8526/mapSearch.php and put in your criteria to see the availability.

If you're new to the area, email me...I have a fantastic guide that will introduce you to the Delray Beach area.

Good luck with your home search.
Sincerely yours,
Jennifer Sommers, Nestler Poletto Sotheby's International Realty
One South Ocean Boulevard, Suite 11 ⃓ Boca Raton, Florida 33432

O. 561.819.2958 ⃓ C. 786.390.9299 ⃓ F. 561.997.2614
Jen@AgentBoca.com ⃓ http://www.AgentBoca.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
If you have not found your dream home... Contact me...

Our inventory is shrinking before our vary eyes...

Get you deal done now...

Gary (561) 306-7653
Local full time resident amost 25 years...
Web Reference: http://www.garyyoungman.com
Mr Drechsler,

Any buyer with ability to purchase a 2nd home or investment property for 650k in 2012 has NOT arrived at this point in their lives by being a financial fool!

Therefore, unless the buyer is a Lotto winner and/or could care less about how much they pay, the savings program below should be pretty impressive to any buyer with even the minimum financial knowledge.

The buyer’s agent partners who I refer my pre approved buyers to will not only exceed expectations of what it means to be a professional realtor, helping to locate, negotiate your best deal on a home, they;ll also offer considerable savings in addition:

$650,000 x 3% Buyer’s Agent = $19,500, Buyer’s Agent keeps $6,000 /REBATES $13,500 to Buyer

Below are different ways rebates can be applied at closing depending on the loan program:

pay towards closing costs
pay towards separate Attorney Representation for Buyer
pay towards rate reduction to desired rate of: %?
pay towards round trip airline tickets
pay towards limo service to shuttle buyer to view properties
pay towards home Warranty
pay towards a vacation after closing
pay towards Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy Gift Card
pay towards home Improvement and repairs
pay towards Wounded Warrior Project / charity
pay towards debt payoff
pay towards moving company
pay towards down payment (on certain programs)
pay for the 1st full year of home ins.
pay for taxes and ins. escrows
pay for home repairs
pay off credit card debt and auto loans
pay off collections and judgments
pay to lower the sales price
pay for new furniture
pay to upgrade all new appliances
pay for home remodeling and additions
pay to have home painted
pay for weekly pool maintenance
pay for credit repair
pay for landscaping
pay for monthly lawn care
pay for new A/C system
…or even pay a portion to any prior realtor for their efforts

NOTE: consumers should shop lenders and realtors for their Best Overall Deal.

The Florida Real Estate Commission(FREC) Rule 61J2-10.028 (2) provides that a licensee may share brokerage compensation with a party to a transaction as long as full disclosure is given to all interested parties.

US Dept. of Justice Consumer Alert: Consumers Can Save Thousands of Dollars in Commissions
http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/real_estate/florida.html
http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/real_estate/commission-tab…

Contact me and I’ll introduce you to realtors who offer Buyer’s Agent Credit savings in south FL.

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage
http://www.pro-option.com
steve@pro-option.com
Ph: 888 662 4404
Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
===
Hi SdReschler,

I am Patty Sokoloff, buyers agent and partner of Sokoloff Real Estate Group.
As you may now know from all the responses the particular location you are looking for does not meet your budget, yet there are other areas bordering Delray where a $650,000 comfort level is available.

If you would like, please contact me and I will be happy to send you properties that fit your criteria.

Thank you for the opportunity,

Patty H.Sokoloff
Sokoloff Real Estate Group
954.372.6226
Patty@sokoloffrealestategroup.com
-
Mr. Drechsler,

Like we talked about, my realtor partners are ready when you are, just complete the forms I emailed to you and send back.

I'll then work to send you a qoute with the est. REALTOR REBATE on a $650,000 purchase and pre- approval letter for you and my realtor partner to start making offers.

Remember, a potion of thr REALTOR REBATE can go towards separate attorney representation, in addtion to paying closing costs, etc.

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
===
Hello Again, that one number should read $34,995,000.00. . .
Good Morning Sdrechsler1950,

The least expensive Single Family home in your geographic search area is $795.00.00 asking price and the most expensive property has an asking price of $34,995.00.

The least expensive property is a 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath and 1 Car Garage.
It has 2,344 sq.ft. under air with 3,269 total sq.ft.
It was built in 1989
It has a private pool
It is NOT a waterfront property
On the market for 297 days with no price reductions since then

The least expensive Single Family home sold in the same geographic area in the last 90 days was a 1,996 sq.ft/2,766 sq.ft., 3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, 2 Car Garage for $835,000.00 (Financing) on September 7th.

The next, yet not so comparable property sold for $495,000.00 Cash on June 18th and it had only 1,250 sq.ft./1,335 sq.ft with 2 bedroom and 2 baths.

Please, e-mail me at info@palmbeachfloridaproperties and I can send you maps that show a breakdown of the areas to better help us in your search.

I am confident that we can find the ideal property for your currrent real estate needs in a different geographic area, so please don't hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank-you and have a great day ahead. . .

Stelios Stylianou, Realtor®, CIPS
Palm Beach Florida Properties
Realty Associates Florida Properties, Inc.

561.542.4131 (Buy, Sell, Rent)
561.463.6004 (Short Sales/Foreclosures)

info@palmbeachfloridaproperties.com
If you are considering purchasing real estate here in south Florida...
This is a great time and a serious investment.

What to look for....
A Realtor who knows...
the market... the area... the neighborhood, pockets, buildings...
The specific area you are considering is very nice,,, The southern portion almost borders Highland Beach, there are some great niche areas back there.

I have lived here "Full Time" almost 25 years... On the beach for over the last ten...
I understand the market and have extremely effective communication/negotiation skills.
A financial background I understand value propositions.

http://www.garyyounman,com

Call me - Gary (561) 306 7653
Good Evening,
I have read through my fellow realtors responses and the information they are providing is on point.
The Real Estate market has picked up in the last 6-8 months and the inventory is low.

Would you consider expanding your search a little further west to the Lake Ida & Lake Eden area of Delray Beach? How about Ocean Ridge, which is a little north?

I've been a full time realtor for 9 years in Delray Beach and I would be happy to start sending you properties as they come up. I am also more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Please visit my website: http://www.MovingSeaside.com
There you will find a city guide to Delray Beach that will be helpful, as well as other valuable information.

Please feel free to contact me at any time

Stephanie Feinzilberg
Remax Services
Stephanie@movingseaside.com
561-289-9255

http://www.facebook.com/#!/movingseaside
Hi, I would be glad to send you my best suggestions. Please contact me any time at
(561)827-6789 or julier6789@gmail.com. Thanks! Julie Rosenthal, Broker , Property Brokers International . Helping People Buy, Sell and Rent 30 Years.
Dear Sdrechsler,

As you are probably aware The Avenue in Delray is hot and the real estate activity in the sweet spot that you specify is very strong. As of this morning we have 22 single family listings beachside between Atlantic and Linton with listings starting at $795,000 all the way up to $34,995,000.

Taking it down to one level ranch homes your options dwindle down to 8 listings with only one under the $1,000,000 threshold. That house is a fixer upper on the corner of Brooks Lane and Ocean but does have a new roof. It has been on the market a very long time with no price reductions from it's current price of $795,000 and the market has not reacted.

We have had three bungalow sell over the past 12 months for under your target price so opportunities do arise. All of these homes were either in Wheatleys or John Reid Village so very close to The Avenue. One of these was a home on Nassau that was a foreclosure that the bank rejected a short sale offer from one of my clients and make a costly mistake. The home had a great location a strange layout but some nice features and ended up selling at auction.

The best thing you can do in today's active market is clearly define your housing objectives and determine what areas will meet your needs and it sounds like you have already accomplished that. Inventory levels are very low and finding homes is a much more difficult task than it was a few month ago. If you would like to further discuss your particular situation and put together a game plan to meet your goals please feel free to contact me at your convenience for a complimentary consolation. I would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you may choose to interview to assist you and your family find the perfect Florida home.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Tom, good assessment of the area. I went to check out the small Nassau bungalow at the auction preview early this year as a potential investment property but the showing agent said it probably wouldn't go for less than 500k. Out of curiosity, at what amount did the bank reject an offer before it went to auction?
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012
You've selected a wonderful location...so much so that there aren't any single family ranches available under 800k for that area! Is being on the beach side of the intracoastal important to you, or are you looking to be on a canal, possibly on the other side of the Intracoastal? Alternatively, would you consider a condo rather than a single family home? I live 5 minutes away from there would be very happy to assist you with your search. Please email me your answers at sj-wheeler@hotmail.com and let's work on finding you a home!
Scott Wheeler
Corcoran Group Realtor
http://www.waterfrontwheeler.com
sj-wheeler@hotmail.com
Single Family homes in that area generally are in the million plus range however there are 2 priced just under 800K If you would like more information on those properties orwould like to dicuss other options available in the area please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Peter Cavanagh CIAS
Certified Investor Agent Specialist
Broker / Realtor
Realty Empoirum
(561) 330-3600

Ask me about attending our up coming Workshop "Real Estate Investing using a Self Directed IRA"

I found a a few homes that fit your criteria. If you email me at ks1818@att.net I will forward you the listing information.

I look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with all of your real estate needs.

Very truly yours,
Karen Sussman
Lang Realty
Cell 561-866-6325
Email k.sussman@langrealty.com
Good morning:

I'd be happy to send you properties today that match your criteria, and offer commentary about each neighborhood. Please call me or email so we can discuss specifics and when you will be in town to view the properties you select.

Ann Koplas
Broker Associate in Delray Beach for 10 years
Lang Realty Inc.
561-789-6120, cell
annkoplas@gmail.com
Good Morning S.Dreschsler 1950,

There is a great deal of properties to choose from in your geographical area within your price search criteria.

I would definitely like to sit down with you in person and further discuss the opportunities available to you in Delray Beach and of course to learn more about your other criteria.

I can be reached at the numbers below anytime or you can search my website at http://www.palmbeachfloridaproperties.com.

Congratulations on making the decision to buy a property in our area.

I wish you a sunny start to your day ahead. . .

Stelios Stylianou, Realtor®, CIPS
Palm Beach Florida Properties

561.542.4131 (Buy, Sell, Rent)
561.463.6004 (Short Sales/Foreclosures)

info@palmbeachfloridaproperties.com
Good Morning,

My name is Gary Goldberg, Broker/Owner of The Infiniti Group International, Inc. in Boca Raton.

Thank you for the opportunity,

Gary Goldberg
561-929-7177 cell