Chris, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Looking for propty walking dist to beach (preferably w/views), target OG to Sp Lake. Budget < =$750K. Forecl & multi OK. Where is best value/apprec?

Asked by Chris, Philadelphia, PA Fri Jul 5, 2013

Take a look on 319 12th. it was reduce to 520,000 today July 12
Correction: that's Avon-by-the-Sea, Sea Girt, Spring Lake (below).
I would probably focus on Ocean Grove, Avon-by-the-Sea Girt / Spring Lake, just because Bradley, Belmar and Lake Como are more summer rental-oriented than the other 4. Ocean Grove is eclectic, Avon, well-kept and charming, Sea Girt, upscale, and Spring Lake the long-established higher end community. One can't really generalize by community, as to where you might get the best appreciation. It will boil down to the individual property --- the old rule about buying the less expensive house on the block!

Keith Radhuber, Broker Assoc.
Gloria Nilson & Company
Wow! Those towns vary dramatically.
Are you going to be living there full time? Do you have any children to consider for the schools? Do you want something move in condition, or are you willing to work? Will this be an investment property? Since you mentioned multi-family, do you want to live in one and rent the other at times?
How do you feel about buying in a flood zone?
Ocean Grove is a part of Neptune Twp. Houses are very close together and there have been occasions when a fire has taken out a whole block.
Next town South is Bradley Beach. The south end is primarily single family homes with very few rentals, the north side has a lot of rentals and the values are reflected as such.
Next is Avon, a beautiful town comparable to Spring Lake and Sea Girt, but with better pricing.
Then, you have Belmar and Lake Como. Lake Como has mostly smaller lot sizes and Belmar is pretty nice up to 12th Ave, then the rentals start.
Spring Lake is where most people want to be. It's usually an affordability issue there. Under $750K, you'll be looking at a house 5 blocks to the beach on a non-conforming block. But, values are up 9% in that town alone this year.
So, it really depends on what you want to do, why you are buying, and how you will use the house. Feel free to reach out to me via Trulia or my website below, where you can perform your own search of our MLS
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Hi Diane.
All good questions. Looking for maximum flexibility and resale. Investment to begin (predominantly renatal, with some sporadic family use). Potential for us to move in for month-to month use in 3-5+ year timeframe (reirement); so, no,no schooling issues to consider. Willing to invest additional capital to turn hidden gem into desirable resale property. I personally feel proximity/water view is most important for resale, but you know best. Is that information clear/complete enoiugh?
Flag Fri Jul 5, 2013
Hi Chris,

I would be happy to assist you with your search for a property in the towns you specified - Ocean Grove, Spring Lake and the surrounding areas. All of these towns have wonderful qualities, although prices will vary based on selected town, condition of house and proximity to beach. In Ocean Grove, Bradley Beach and Belmar, there should not be a problem with finding a property with ocean views or at least within a few blocks to the beach. In Spring Lake prices within a few blocks to the beach are in higher ranges, close to the $1million range and higher. Contact me directly by text or phone at 908-309-9405 or by email at nrose@dianeturton.com. I can then further narrow your search and send you properties to review that will fit your requirements. I have lived and worked in the Spring lake area for over 12 years and am very familiar with the individual towns, their specific features and resale values.