Katie Fang, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Looking for multifamily property.

Asked by Katie Fang, New York, NY Mon Aug 6, 2012

Hi, I am looking to purchase a multifamily with 3-4 units. Must be close to UCLA campus, with good transit. The house itself must be in good condition, and recently renovated if it is an old house. I would prefer the area of Brentwood, West Wood. If you have some properties that match my description, please feel free to email me at fangg.katie@gmail.com

Answers

10
Katie-

The neighborhoods that you speak of have specific attributes and only a local agent can truly assist you in finding the right investment property. It is imperative that you work with a professional that has a "hyperlocal knowledge" of your chosen areas. At Horizon Companies, we are members of the Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Association of REALTORS® and know Westwood and Brentwood extremely well. We would be delighted to assist you in your search. Our agents and brokers bring over 250 years of combined experience in real estate brokerage, property management, property tax reassessments and escrow services. WE SPECIALIZE IN APARTMENT BUILDINGS! Should you desire, our management division can also assist you in ensuring that your building keep competitive rental, and high occupancy, rates in order to get the greatest return on your investment.

Personally, I have been an investor for over 18 years and currently own a 9-unit building in Santa Monica, CA which is adjacent to both Brentwood and Westwood. My family and I live in our apartment building and as such, I offer a unique insight into income property ownership and management. I am confident that I can assist you in your search for a multifamily building and look forward to the opportunity of working with you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Respectfully,
Austin Chen, REALTOR®
Real Estate Investment Specialist
DRE #: 01898306
Office: 323.902.7653
Fax: 323.443.1093
Mobile: 310.948.2629
Email: austinjchen@gmail.com
Website: hrela.com
Commit to an Agent that knows the area and you will have much more success!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 9, 2012
Find a good agent here and work with them. Expecting people to send you information in the hope that you will be loyal to them and purchase thru them will not get you a good investment. It takes time, effort and due diligence to make sure that the property is worth the investment. What you will get in this fashion, without committing to an agent, is a bunch of people trying to unload their inventory! Don't be afraid to commit. It doesn't cost you anything. The Seller pays the commission.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 6, 2012
I like your tenacity to post what you want in the message boards here. Soon enough you will get it. If you havent found a realtor yet please feel free to contacgt me and ill show you whats available.

Lacy Burke
REMAX
Los Angeles
310-666-9752
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
You will have much better luck if you contact a qualified agent who knows the area.
Dear Katie,
Westwood is a hot area for Multi Family and the demand for Rentals is also very strong. Most multi family property sells for over 1 million in the area.
Katie,

I answered another question you asked. In terms of purchasing a multi-family home for investment, rental rates and taxes should be considered as they impact your net. On your other question, I linked you to a Blog I have on Multi-Family properties. Here is another Blog on Investments in general:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/dddrealtor/2012/05/reaping_the_re…
Fina a professional who's expertise is in multi family properties, it's not as simple as just sending you properties. Some additional information from you is needed as well.

Best of luck to you and should you find something that financial pencils out for your needs.
Hello Katie,
I would be happy to assist you , I need to know what is your price range, have you already talked to a loan agent and pre approve your self. Please feel free to send me an email to discuss .
Ellie Salemnia
Keller Williams Beverly Hills
Elahehsal@yahoo.com
San Fernando Real Estate Guy, Broker, Los Angeles, CA
I lived in the area. What is your price range? You said 3-4 units, are you interested in income properties?
You can check out my website: http://www.homesbylee.com. What is your time frame in purchasing property? It is an expensive area of West Los Angeles.

Lee Fruchter
REALTOR®
Pinnacle Estate Properties.
Web Reference: http://www.homesbylee.com