mbistolasctb…, Home Buyer in Stratford, CT

Looking for investment properties.

Asked by mbistolasctbiz, Stratford, CT Thu Jan 31, 2013

Can anyone tell me what the rental market is for a 2 bedroom in the area around Main Street zip code 06614 (Stratford) ? What is the turn over, and how long does it take to rent units in that area? I am interested in buying an investment property & its a toss between Stratford (less expensive) or Fairfield (more expensive).

Answers

3
Jay Cooke’s answer
I believe that you;ve just answered the toss up between the towns. Rentals that are within walking distance to the train in Fairfield are the way to go. I've rented a number of places to folks who work in Stamford and South who want to hop on a train and not drive down I95.

Jay Cooke
Hi Mbistonasctbiz, thank you for the question. 2 Bedroom rentals in Stratford’s 06614 zip code has seen rents from $1,000 to $1,600 over the last 12 months. To give a closer range will depend on the property type (apartment, condo, or single family), condition, which utilities are included in the rent, as well as the overall square footage, and extras (finished basement, swimming pool, etc…). Our rental market is it an all-time high in demand right now. As our areas #1 rental agent (46 rented units in 2014) I’ve had 1-2 week turnaround in getting all apartments rented with multiple offers. Stratford 06614 zip code as well as Fairfield are desirable areas and will see a fast turn-around. As a Broker who represents many investment groups (national and international), my professional opinion is that the greater return / cap rate will be found in Stratford as you’ll be able to secure “more property for the money” . Please feel free to give me a call to discuss more. All the best, -Daniel D. Thomas
The rental market in Stratford (06614) has been strong this year. The turn over for units is generally quick but depends on several factors. I would be more than happy to sit down and talk about the stratford market if you decide you would like to move in that direction.