Home Buying in Raleigh>Question Details

beachmountain, Home Buyer in

Looking for good investment property around NCSU

Asked by beachmountain, Sun Dec 30, 2012

I am an NC State alumnus based in Maryland and am looking to buy a property close to NCSU that I can rent. Is this still a good time to invest and to rent around the school? Which areas are good to consider? I have been keeping an eye on the Champion Court condo complex on Avent Ferry Rd for its very close promixity to the school but it doesn't seem to have any active listings at the moment.

Answers

5
John Griffin’s answer
Real estate investments (buy and hold) are absolutely a great idea and I plan to purchase investment properties this year as well. Rentals around NCSU are a hot commodity and you can do very well, but not all rentals are created equally. There are some areas to avoid and there are some to closely keep watch. Condos generally do not rent as easily as a townhome, so be cautious what you buy. Being on the Wolfline is highly advantageous along with reasonable rental rates, proximity to campus, etc.
A lot of properties around NCSU are cyclical, meaning, they come on the market in the Spring and/or Summer when leases are ending and the owner decides to sell rather than continue to rent. I know the rental climate around NCSU very well. See the link below, The Griffin Realty Group, to set up searches and alerts as per your criteria.

Also, as a division of my real estate agency, I own and operate a Property Management company as well, Nest Property Management. Check us out http://www.nestproperties.net/.

Contact me via email or phone if you'd like to further discuss. Go Pack!
I will be glad to furnish references from investors I have assisted with purchases near NC State. In addition to location, there are many other details to consider when making a wise decision about real estate investments. I will be happy to talk with you: Tom Hawkins 919-306-1022.

I am looking to buy property close to NCSU to rent out to students. Please let me know a good time to talk. My number if 919-649-0530.

Balaji
Flag Wed Jul 17, 2013
I live in University Park and am a broker here. Have a good I sight into investment homes as I manage a few in the area and my son is a senior at ncsu. If you would give me a call and we can discuss. 919-817-0167

Mike Attayek
I know of a great condo that is not on the market yet. close to State but also really nice! Two large bedrooms with 2 baths and a nice living room with a fireplace. Nice kitchen too! Only $85K at a pool & tennis community! Give me a call! Linda Morris at 919-218-8973.
Web Reference: http://rduhomes4u.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Hunter's Creek, on Kaplan Drive, is a good community that rents easily to students but also holds it's value better than some other communities around the university.