Bruce Fremont, Home Buyer in Folsom, CA

Looking for good area to buy in Elk Grove Ca. Any good options?

Asked by Bruce Fremont, Folsom, CA Tue May 7, 2013

Answers

10
Hi Bruce,

It's been over a month since you posted your question to this forum, but I thought I'd offer my 2 cents to the discussion, in case you haven't yet found a home. You live in Folsom, another nice community. Will you be moving to Elk Grove or are you looking to purchase an investment property?

If you ask about a "good" area to purchase a home in Elk Grove, you will get a variety of responses, many primarily based on the individual's own opinion, something you may have already noticed. I'm curious to know what you mean by "good". Are you looking for highly rated schools, is safety/low crime a top priority, do you need to live close to shopping, restaurants, and freeway? Is a high return on investment your goal? If you were to identify what you value the most in a home or neighborhood you want to live in, it might be easier to pinpoint the areas your agent can recommend for you!

Best of luck to you in your search :)

Cathy Davis
Realtor,SFR,BPOR
Lic. #01481862
Cell (916) 525-5888
Fax (877) 526-0447
Cathy.Davis@ziprealty.com
http://www.elkgrovelistings.com
There are 3 zip code in Elk Grove, many likes 95757
There are a lot of nice neighborhoods in Elk Grove. You will have plenty of options if you are interested in buying a home. Let me know if you need help, our office is located in Elk Grove.
Hello Bruce, I bought brand new in the 95757 in 2003 and still live here today. It is a wonderful area to live in. I sold in this area when it was brand new and also through the bust cycle. There is fantastic value over here, with a lot of amenities a family may need. Most if not all homes in the 95757 are newer build, with ample amount of parks and schools spread out through the neighborhood. Ultimately I bought here because of the amenities and the new home.

I am also a big fan of Stonelake which is in 95757, bordering Interstate 5. Laguana West with its scenic lakes in the 95758. Camden west off of Sheldon in the 95624 is another area I like. Windsor Down over by Waterman and Elk Grove Blvd in the 95624 is another newer build neighborhood to my liking. Iam also a big fan of the 95829, it borders the Elk Grove area.

That's my two cents. Feel free to give me a ring! Make it a GREAT day!

Peter Chu (Lic: 01381436)
Real Estate Source Inc (Lic: 01448220)
1024 Iron Point Road
Folsom, CA 95630
Primary: 916-287-1628
PeterChu916@gmail.com
There are not many bad areas in Elk Grove. It depends on your specific needs and how much you will qualify if you plan on getting a loan. It would be important to get together so that we can determine your goals and then put a game plan together.

Since I have lived in Elk Grove for over 12 years, I am familiar with the different areas. The market is very hot right now so you have to be ready to pull the trigger if you see something that you like.

I would be happy to assist you. Please contact me if you could use my help.

Have A Great Day!
Frank J. Verni
Broker / Realtor
c. 916-719-6161
realtorfrank1@gmail.com

Experienced Broker/Agent Implementing Honesty and Integrity helping Sellers
and Buyers to Reach their Financial Goals – I Know What To Do!!

DRE # 01390255
For additional Information visit http://www.FrankVerniRealtor.com or http://www.RealEstateHelpbyFrank.com
Like me on Facebook
Hi Bruce, I've lived here in Elk Grove for 22 years as a transplant from Los Angeles. I've seen all the changes since then and I'm also on the Board for the Old Town Elk Grove Foundation. I keep up with the changes coming to Elk Grove on both the West side and East side. You've asked a loaded question because to service you best I and any other good agent would ask you numerous questions so that we know what you mean by "Good Area". First question is if the purchase is for investment or personal residence? If you'd like to discuss this more feel free to call me 7 days a week and my phone is on till around 10:30pm. 916-416-8600
Elk Grove is divided into 3 zip codes. Each zip code is desirable to different buyers for different reasons. I specialize in the Elk Grove areas, and my buyers have always preferred the 95757 zip code due to the schools in the area. You can log onto the Elk Grove School districts websites to gain more information about that. The best thing for you to do, is to pick an area professional to go and view some different properties in the different areas of Elk Grove. Once you familiarize yourself with the different attributes of each particular area, you can have a better idea of where to concentrate your search. I live in the 95757 area, and I absolutely love it, due to all of the neighborhood parks and walking trails, and the community feel of our neighborhood. I can truthfully say that I am a very happy resident of Elk Grove! Let me know if you need any further information. You can go to my website, KathiPylman.kwrealty.com also. Good luck on your search!!
There are several great communities in the Elk Grove area. Camden Lake is an established neighborhhood and is centrally located. Van Ruiten Ranch is a gated community in Elk Grove that you may want to take a look at. If your price point is in the mid $200k-$300k you may want to take a look at some of the newer communities in the 95757 zipcode. Taylor Morrison, JMC are building new home communities that are very nice.Hopefully this is helpful.

Courtney Ellison
Lyon Real Estate
(916) 529-2527
courtneyellisonhomes@gmail.com
The best part of Elk Grove in my opinion is southeast Elk Grove in the 95624 zip code, which is where I personally live. I have owned homes in 95758 as well, but I think 95624 is safer and the property holds it's value better. 95757 is quite nice as well, although the demand is highest there at the moment. The schools are best in 95624 (south), 95757, and in the Stonelake area west near I-5. It's quite a hot market right now and can be difficult to navigate. I would love to ansswer any questions you might have about the area, show you some homes, and send you some listings!
Tina Leoni Costa
Affiniti Real Estate
TLCrealestate1@gmail.com
916-949-4124
DRE# 09141547
Hi Bruce

You might first want to start with an agent who specializes in that area. That agent will first need to know how you plan to finance your purchase. If you need to be prequalified, you want to take care of that first.

How much you plan to spend will determine how much home you can afford and what properties you should look at.

If you are already straight in the areas above, again, an agent who specializes in Elk Grove, such as myself, would be best in assisting you. There are many great areas in Elk Grove but it will depend on what your sepecific needs and goals are. A meeting would help determine what you are looking for and how to best strategize for your property search, previewings, and making offers.

This market is very challenging but can be very rewarding for the buyer who has a full-time agent who also has a plan.

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
"SAR Masters Club Member 2012"
Mathews & Co. Realty Group
@ Century 21 Landmark Network
keisha.mathews@century21.com
http://www.SheSoldItForMe.com
(916) 370-1803 cell
lic#: 01439130