Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Jonathanessig, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Looking for foreclosure property in Ravenswood / Lincoln Square

Asked by Jonathanessig, Chicago, IL Sat Jul 21, 2012

Hi , want help finding a steal on a foreclosure in Ravenswood / Lincoln Square area. Don't mind completing rehab work as needed (carpentry, painting, plumbing, etc - nothing structural though).

Not in any rush to find the right place. Please respond with contact info if you are experienced with foreclosures, can offer some serious advice / guidance, and are willing to be patient to really find a good deal. Otherwise, don't bother responding. I will not be looking at 3-4 places and making a decision. Not that type of buyer. Want this to be investment. We are flexible on the type of place. 2br, 2 bath condo. single family home converted into 4 flat that needs work. am flexible to find right deal.

Answers

2
Just remember that hundreds of people are on listing alerts in that neighborhood at a given time, so the "steals" are no secret. They will go quickly and have multiple offers, which may end up raising the price of the home. And it may have serious defects if the price is ridiculously low. I still LOVE foreclosures though because of the opportunity to get a great deal. However, don't rule out short sales or traditional sales. Traditional sale properties have had to come down in price because many of the comps are distressed . As a result, any property can be a good deal because EVERYONE has a reason to move. Divorce, estate sales, etc all can be good deals.

That's why it is important to have a real estate consultant that can work with you to get you the best deal. We can find the "steals" that most people may overlook.
Hi Johnathan, my name is Tim. I work with Rising Realty, Chicago's largest REO brokerage. I have represented many buyers on a substantial amount of REO deals all over the Chicago-land area. I would be more than happy to assist you with any questions you may have, and be honored to represent you on the acquisition of distressed properties. Please don't hesitate to message me privately or call me at (773) 309-4714.