Home Buying in Dover>Question Details

New Buyer, Home Buyer in Calabasas, CA

Looking for details on property located on 12 whiting rd, dover

Asked by New Buyer, Calabasas, CA Sun Jul 15, 2012

Me and my husband are relocating from California to MA, and one of the town we are thinking is dover. We are interested in this property "12 whiting rd" in Dover, but it was delisted just a few days ago. Has anyone viewed the house? Is Dover a good town to raise kids? We currently live in a town called "Calabasas" in southern california (where the kardashian lives, it that helps), we are looking for similar neighborhoods, suburb, clean, safe, good school district and private but not too far from downtown. I also heard about Weston, Lincoln and Lexington. We are lender approved and ready to purchase if its the right house. We are thinking flying to boston the end of the month to visit and definitely get a house by the end of the year, latest. Our budget is 600k top. Currently without agent.

Answers

2
Peter Sinesi’s answer
I am an Agent with Coldwell Banker in Natick, MA. my town borders Dover. My three children all went to grade school in Dover at a private school there/. and my uncle currently lives in Dover. I have lived in this area all my life and have a detailed knowledge of Boston Metro West, as its called, including towns of Dover, Natick, Wellesley, Newton, etc etc. i am more than pleased to speak with you over the phone, to give you advice, and hopefully meet you in person, to familiarize you with the area so that you may discover which town will best suit your needs.Helping people find the right home is my pleasure and, i feel, alot of fun!
Peter Sinesi 617-212-5122
I live in Sherborn, which is the "sister" town to Dover. We share a school system, which is ranked #1 in the state by Boston Magazine. They're both lovely small peaceful suburbs that feel very wooded. However, Dover, Sherborn, and Weston lack much of a town center per se. Lexington has more of a defined, walkable center, as does Concord. You might also consider towns such as Holliston & Hopkinton, which both have very well rated school systems, lots of activities for kids, and are within an hour to Boston. They have small but cute town centers. I like Holliston's better - with a children's park, tennis courts, artist lofts, a general store, a few boutiques, a cafe, and a little lake you can walk to. You can find lots of info about the Boston suburbs at our blog: http://blog.realestateinmetrowestboston.com/ and website http://www.positiverelocation.com.

The house you asked about in Dover was temporarily taken off the market. It needs extensive remodeling as well as a new septic system.
Hi Kyle, the info you have on positiverelocation was really informative and helpful. I started talking to an agent this week, found him on internet, he said he's a relo specialist. I gave him a list of properties that I'm interested and our search criterias, but he was not very responsive, made me feel like he's not really into helping us since we are so far away. My husband and I are ready to buy, but we got this idea that agent don't like to deal with buyer from out of town? Too much work for too little money? I'm doing alot of search myself, we'll be flying over to MA around mid August, we only have 2 day to visit all the towns and the houses we want to see. We really need an agent to show us around.
Flag Fri Jul 20, 2012
But the house was already delisted. I visited your website and didn't find the house.
Flag Fri Jul 20, 2012
Hi. I am an associate at Dover Country Properties. Whiting Road is listed with my office - if you would like information regarding this property please visit our web site http://www.DoverCountryProperties.com or give me a call.
Flag Wed Jul 18, 2012