Tm, Home Buyer in Mill Valley, CA

Looking for descriptions of the various neighborhoods in Portola Valley -- which are wooded, sunniest, rural vs. suburban. Many thanks!

Asked by Tm, Mill Valley, CA Wed May 26, 2010

Answers

2
Hi Tim,

I would be happy to give you as many details on Portola Valley as you'd like. I live in Ladera, which is unincorporated San Mateo County with PV address and I am very familiar with all of the areas. I don't think the answer below is especially accurate - or at least it is overly generalized.

To answer your question thorougly would take pages of text. Give me a call if you want. I will NOT try to make you a client of mine or follow up with nag emails or phone calls. You'll just get the facts.

And yes, I am a real estate agent.

John Barman
Coldwell Banker
650.380.8440
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 26, 2010
The Portola Valley lies on the eastern side of Skyline Boulevard, so it's relatively less sunny than neighboring La Honda and the western slope of the Santa Cruz Mountains. This is primarily a rural community that has spots of flat land, but most of the home sites are on hilsides, crests and troughs. Of the 50 homes that sold in the area within the past year, 17 sold for $2M+ and 22 sold for $1.4M to $2M. Only 3 sold under $1M. Close proximity to Silicon Valley and great schools make it a great place to live. The area around Central Portola Valley and Westbridge are the most developed, along with Laderas. The remainder of the valley consists of larger home sites, small farms, and open spaces. All the areas along the north and western edges of the valley border reserved open spaces or open land. Portola Valley is one of those place it's best to drive through to get a feel for.