Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Jacquie Brad…, Other/Just Looking in Outside U.S.

Looking for community style area, 4 bedroom home.

Asked by Jacquie Bradley-Gallagher, Outside U.S. Mon Jul 29, 2013

Looking for community style area, 4 bedroom home. We plan to relocate from the UK to NC. Our 13 yo son will go to British School of America, NC 28277 and we want him to socialize locally. Budget of up to $1m . Wish-list would ideally be on a 0.5 acre lot and have high living room ceiling! Any info gratefully appreciated - thank you.

Answers

12
Jacquie,

I am glad that you have decided to move to Charlotte. This area is a wonderful area to live. There are many nice homes and communities in this area. I am very familiar with this area and the amenities that this area offers. I would be happy to help you find a home in Ballantyne or surrounding areas. Please contact me at 619-865-3994 or Christy.stone@allentate.com.

Christy Stone
Allen Tate Company
619-865-3994
Christystonerealtor.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 2, 2013
Good evening, Jacquie:
We are helping another family from the UK right now and would be pleased to also assist you. Within about 5 miles of the British American School, there are several hundred estates on a half acre or more that are priced to $1MM USD (see link below). If by socialize locally, you intend that to be other school children, you may find that they do not necessarily live nearby; you might want to check with the school to find out where the majority of students reside. From the below listed homes, not sure which of the above have high ceilings or when your timeframe to purchase is, but I would be glad to assist further whenever it is your time to make a move. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Web Reference: http://goo.gl/4mYhsx
Simply click on the link below to see home that may work for you.
Hello Jacquie, I am sure you will find a wonderful home. The Brokers/Realtors on Trulia are excellent. I am a lender who specializes in NC and SC properties. I also have several Foreign National programs if needed as well as jumbo programs. Please feel free to call or email me if you have any mortgage related questions.

Fritz Walter
VP of Retail Sales
Toll free: 800-359-1996 x551
Direct: 203-783-4551
Email: fwalter@totalmortgage.com
NMLS ID: 387922
Visit my webpage: http://www.totalmortgage.com/bankers/fritz-walter/
Company Website: http://www.totalmortgage.com
Total Mortgage Services, LLC - NMLS #2764
Licensed in: CT, FL, MD, NJ, NC, SC, TX, VA
Total Mortgage Licensed in: AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, ME, MD, MA, MI, MS, NE, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WV, WA

Total Mortgage offers a complete selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional, FHA, FHA 580-639 FICO, FHA 203 Renovation (Streamline & Consultant), HomePath, VA, VA IRRL, USDA, Jumbo financing , and No Income or reduced income. Portfolio, jumbo, and conventional programs offered for self-employed borrowers as well.
Greetings Jacquie,

Congratulations on your relocation to Charlotte, North Carolina! I am sure that you and your family will find Charlotte an extraordinary place to reside. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and your family to discuss your residential needs. If you would like to send me your contact information to matthew@residecharlotte.com, I would be happy to send you more information. You may also contact me on my cell 704.650.1928. We have represented numerous clients on international moves to the Queen City. I hope to hear back from you. In the meantime, I wish you a beautiful day!

Cheers,

Matthew Paul Brown
Broker /REALTOR
Vice President of Sales
Marilyn Hartley Realty
http://www.residecharlotte.com
t 704.650.1928
Hi Jacquie,

What an exciting move! There are plenty of options that would fit your criteria but as the agents before me stated Ballantyne Country Club would certainly come to mind as a top option. If you would like to contact me directly I would be happy to set you up with a personalized search so you can begin to look at what is available. Feel free to call anytime, 704-619-3971.

Take care,

Michael Laine
Prudential Carolinas Realty
michael.laine@prucarolinas.com
Thank you very much for the information. I shall look on your website for homes that fit our requirements.
Flag Mon Jul 29, 2013
Jacquie,

You are going to have many options in that price point with the features you are looking for. To be quite honest with you I think the best course of action for you is to find a Realtor you are comfortable with and narrow down your criteria a little more. That is a broad range and in the area you are looking will open many possibilities for you.

If there are other things you would want to narrow the search that would help as well as age of home or features inside the home. Even how far from the school you wish to be.

I had clients last year from England that relocated to the Charlotte area and looked in the same area. Though not because of schools but because of his job. We found a very nice home that was well below his budget. They said the price difference for what you get here and in England was a little surprising ( here being a little less expensive).

I love to help you out and send you homes and work with you to narrow down your search and area to a spot that works best for you...Please feel free to either e-mail me back or call me at 704-519-7895.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
Cell:704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
Jacquie,

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
Cell:704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
Hi Jacquie!

Welcome to Charlotte! If you're looking for a great community style area, Ballantyne Country Club may be a great option for you given your criteria of size and budget. Depending on other locations and amenities you may be interested in living near, there are a few other communities that should suit your needs as well.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly any time with questions about the process or areas!

John Siddons
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com
704-458-1843
Hello Jacquie,

Plenty of good subdivisions in that zip code: try Ballantyne Country Club, Providence Country Club, Providence Plantation, Foxcroft, Foxcroft East. There are plenty of houses for you to view. If you send me your criteria and email address, I can get you started.

Robin Faison, broker
5 star of excellence for 6 years
robin.faison@gmail.com
Thank you for your prompt reply. Wish list as before, with a home style other than the 'English' architecture (as beautiful as it is) Our 13 yo son is very social, so ideally within a community: - pool, gym, sports etc. 4+ bedrooms (2 + for guests) with high ceilings and a dramatic staircase! On a fairly large lot (we like a feeling of space, but with neighbours 'near-by'; we are very rural here in the UK, which has too much space!) Budget up to $1m I will look at your suggested areas. Please email; jacquiebg@hotmail.com at your convenience, thank you.
Flag Mon Jul 29, 2013
Jacquie,
Ok, 4 bedroom home on a .5 acre lot, home to have high ceilings. Let me know what else is on your "Wish" list. I will do a search and send the home that are available. You can search on my web site, also. (searchingcharlottelakewylie.com)
Thanks so much for your interest and look forward to working with you.
Candace Ellis
Ellis Group Realty, Inc.
704-583-3344
704-506-0261

Let 28+ years experience work for YOU!
Many thanks for your prompt reply. There is no rush, as we have to sell our UK home etc, but our 'wish-list' would include a private lot, within a safe community where our son can socialize and play sports. Also, as much as I do admire the 'English' style architecture, I would rather consider another style - we see so much of similar styles at home! Piper Glenn, Ballyntyne and similar communities look very nice. Anything else is a bonus, until I consider styles further. Thank you
Flag Mon Jul 29, 2013
Hi Jacquie!
I have heard nothing but good things about the British School of America, and it is situated in one of the most desirable areas of Charlotte. I would be delighted to create a search for you which would enable me to email information about homes that fit your needs.

Please feel free to contact me, I look forward to the opportunity to assist you in this exciting venture!

All the Best,
Brooke Kaiser
REALTOR/Broker
brookekaiser@kw.com
Many thanks for your prompt reply! There is no rush to move, as we have a home to sell in the UK first and a business to sell/relocate too, but I am keen to see what is available to buy. Thank you
Flag Mon Jul 29, 2013