Home Buying in Knoxville>Question Details

Cary J, Home Buyer in Knoxville, TN

Looking for an Agent who specializes in lease to own or rent to own homes in Knoxville, TN area.

Asked by Cary J, Knoxville, TN Tue Dec 4, 2012

My family and I are relocating to Knoxville, TN from Chicago, IL area. I am having a hard time finding an agent who deals with rent to own properties. Where can I find an agent?

Answers

7
Cary,

In addition to doing traditional listings and sales; I also specialize in LP's.
I have written 5 LP contracts this year; and have had success negotiating for my sellers and buyers.

There are far fewer homes available for lease/purchase; but a nice deposit and favorable terms are always helpful in swaying a seller's mind.

Feel free to call/text me with any questions; and make sure to read my reviews.

Ray Gaudet
Affiliate Broker
Realty Executives
865-748-3346-cell
Ray thank you for taking the time to answer and I will be calling you later this morning!
Flag Tue Dec 4, 2012
My firm specializes in lease-to-own properties. Call Price & Associates Realtors at 865-977-0770. Ask for Sara or Jarrod.i
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
If you are still looking for a lease with option to buy, a good place to start is a real estate firm that manages rental properties. Owners of rental homes are usually open to lease option agreements. If you are planning a move, feel free to contact our property manager Julie Anderson for a complete list of homes available. You can email her at Julieanderson@tvrasoldit.com or you can call the office 865-247-6749 ext 1. I hope this helps!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
You've picked a great place to relocate to. Please feel free to contact me and discuss this option. My email is cristall@slymanrealestate.com or you can call or text me at 865-300-7490. I look forward to hearing from you and helping you with your move.
Michael Allen of ERA Top Producers is a leading Realtor in this category.
There are several ways to look at this situation. Most sellers truly want to sell their property so that they can move on themselves. Most often I have found that a higher end property owner may consider this more often - as a Lease Purchase. This is completed with a Purchase and Sale Agreement with an agreed (delayed) closing date and a NON-Refundable Earnest Money Deposit.

If you are only looking for an option, your best bet would be to just rent until you decide what you want in a home and/or area. We have several good property managers in our area that I could introduce you to.

I have been successful in the Lease Purchase scenario, however I haven't participated in the lease option.

Feel free to contact me with any additional questions that you might have.
Catrina Foster
865-414-9901
Thank you Catrina.
Flag Tue Dec 4, 2012
That is because of two main reasons.
1. They rarely ever work out and agents get paid only when a home sells so the agents don't like to fool with them as they are a waste of time 99.5% of the time.

2. There are none to almost none around as sellers want to sell and not waste their time with being a landlord and seeing the property not sell in a year and then they have to try and sell it again.

Rent to buy is not a good idea, it is risky for a renter because they will have to get a loan from a lender at some point to buy the house or default and lose all the deposit money to the owner. Look into these before you waste a lot of time with them, they are not a good deal and the selection (if any) will be slim pickens.
Thank you for sharing your advice, Tim. I am from Chicago, IL area and we do have many rent to own homes all over the place here as well as Agents who deal strictly with rent to own homes.
Flag Tue Dec 4, 2012