Home Buying in Pasadena>Question Details

Blomme, Home Buyer in Pasadena, CA

Looking for a student property for my son to study at Caltech - 1 bed or studio - 25-30,000. Will I find something for that money to purchase nearby?

Asked by Blomme, Pasadena, CA Wed Dec 7, 2011

Answers

4
Hi Blomme

How did your home hunt go? Did you find something for your son? Let us know if you still need a hand. As of now I only see a few listings under $170k; but none in your price range.

Best of luck,
Mimi
Hi Bionne,
We do not have anything in that range anywhere remotely close to Cal Tech or surrounding areas, I live and work in the area and would be happy to find you something very reasonable to lease, I also have an upcoming condo near by that will be priced very low but nothing in the range you inquired about. Please contact me and I will be mire than happy to assist you and your Son.
Unfortunately, Pasadena is relatively expensive and $30,000 is more what you'd need for a down payment than an actual purchase. Rather than pay rent, it could be certainly worth considering that for the time you son will be in college. If you're interested in buying or would like information on rentals near Caltech, it would be my pleasure to help you.
Hi Blomme,

I'm sorry, but the lowest price condo in that area is $180,000. Please send me an email and I will be more then happy to search other areas for you and send you a list of available homes.

DJ Bonner
562-572-4203
djbonner@kw.com