Home Buying in Madison>Question Details

David, Home Buyer in Madison, WI

Looking for a south central Wisconsin buyer's agent willing to work for an hourly fee. Cash retainer upfront; travel time paid.

Asked by David, Madison, WI Sat Sep 8, 2012

Answers

5
Mark Gladue’s answer
I would be happy to help. If you would like references you may visit http://www.trulia.com/profile/FRG/ or visit http://www.zillow.com/profile/forwardrealtyg/ to see the testimonials from past clients.

Also feel free to e-mail me privately with more information on what it is you are looking to do. Thanks for your time.

Mark Gladue
Broker Associate | ABR
mark@markgladue.com
608.239.5593
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
What do you want a buyer agent for? Just wondering.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
I just prefer to work with an agent who is not being compensated on commission. I'm willing to pay to pay cash out of pocket to avoid that. I know I am in the tiny minority of buyers, but I am used to paying professionals hourly for their services and paying a retainer upfront.
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
I assume most Realtors would be fine with that. Feel free to contact me. I am an experienced buyers agent in Dane County.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
I am the original poster. To clarify, I would like to retain a buyer's agent to work on an hourly basis and agree to rebate the commission back to the buyer.

I understand that this is an unusual arrangement. I am willing to work completely around your schedule, and do not require assistance with offer/counter-offer or closing. My real estate attorney is handling these items.

Recommendations are requested.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
In Wisconsin, it is typical that a Buyer does not pay the Buyer's Agent commission. So I don't think you need to work out a contract like you are talking about. Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss buyer agency further.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Hi Seth, thanks for your reply. What I want a buyer's agent to work for an hourly fee instead of commission; the buyer's agent commission would then agree to rebate the commission back to me.
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012