Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

Musyq101, Renter in Spring Valley, CA

Looking for a single family home in a NICE area looking to spend no more than 300,000

Asked by Musyq101, Spring Valley, CA Mon Apr 1, 2013

My husband is military we are currently in the market to buy a house. We would like to have at least 4 bedrooms 2 baths Single family with 2-car garage any agents willing to help us out let me know :)

Answers

11
Awesome, shopping for your first home can be very exciting! The market is really heating up now so it's good you want to work with a Realtor right away. Some other things you need to look into is your financing situation. You must get pre-approved in today's market to stand a chance. I'd be happy to meet with you and your husband to get started looking right away.

Royce Kemp
858-480-5570
Hi There,

I'll be more than happy to send you listings. Just email me off forum, with a list of areas you like, and I'll add any other areas I think you might like. After you start receiving listings, you'll quickly be able to narrow down your purchase areas. 4 bedrooms might be difficult under $300K, because the market has changed over the last several months. Currently, it's a seller's market, so prices are on their way back up and listings are getting multiple offers. Strategic offers are imperative, as is your choice of lender. If you'll be using a VA loan, it's really important to use one that REGULARLY closes them in 30 days or earlier, because you'll be competing with cash offers. It'll also depend on if you're willing to take a home that'll need updating, which can usually be done over time.

If it sounds tough out there, it is, but I feel it's better to be honest and offer realistic information up front, so you're not blindsided with the reality of the market. "No problem" usually means you're not getting the full picture.

Feel free to contact me anytime, for a list of lenders, property information or any other questions you might have.

Warm Regards,
Cory
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 1, 2013
Wow you certainly do have a lot of choices that's great! One more thing to add to my earlier post is think about calling Military Home Loans they work throughout San Diego and I refer all of my military clients to them cause they specialize in getting you the most out of your benefits. They also cover the cost of the VA buyer non allowed fee which can really make a difference to the seller (who normal has to pay the fee). Here is their contact information.

Military Home Loans
3914 Murphy Canyon Road; Suite A144
San Diego, CA 92123

Phone: (619) 422 5900 (Office)
Fax: (619) 422 5999 (Fax)
e-mail: Info@Mil-Loans.com
I'm a lender right in San Diego that specializes in VA loans if you need assistance on the loan. I complete lots of VA purchase loans on time every month in San Diego.
Web Reference: http://www.socalvaloans.com
Are you still thinking about commuting from Campo? Spring Valley, El Cajon etc. will be difficult at that price point but you might have luck in Lemon Grove, Encanto and Chula Vista. I would recommend Lemon Grove or Encanto because the commute to 32nd Street on 94 would be a little easier than 5 from Chula Vista. Ultimately, though, it comes down to the house you love!

I live in East County and am experienced with VA--I'd be happy to help you out :)

Tina Grant
Windermere Real Estate SoCal
Musyq101

One critical piece that has been left out, as well as, not being clear from your post is Pre-Approval for your new VA loan.

If you have not ventured that issue with an experienced VA Lender, I would strongly suggest that you pursue that hurdle prior to looking for property. In today's market with housing inventory so low, home sellers will not accept an offer without a loan approval, and Realtors will also need this prior to showing or presenting an offer.

Look for a Lender that you feel comfortable with, and who will take the time to answer your questions and counsel you prior to that next important step.

Once that issue is our of the way, then look for an experienced Realtor in the area that you are looking into. There have already been many fine post here by agents who are willing to help you. Interview a few, and make your choice based on your comfort level after speaking with them.

If you would like Free and confidential information about VA financing, please visit my profile for my contact information. There is no cost or obligation.

Best of Luck on your search, and Thank your husband for his service.

Wayne L. Brown
Mortgage Banker
Security National Mortgage Company
NMLS Lic. # 343946
Company NMLS # 3116
You know that is a tough request but I am more than willing to work with you. Houses at that price point are moving very very quickly and you need to be ready to look at a home and make a decision right away.

I just looked at the 26 homes in the mls that meet your stated criteria and eliminated most of them for one reason or another. That leaves the ones that say "you can only see it btwn 3 and 5 on April 1).

Interview a couple of agents, find one you trust and like and commit to them. We are all rooting for you to find a nice home for your family and thank you for your service. (I was raised an Air Force kid...I know the whole family is in service to our country!)
I would be happy to set up a customized home search for you! Please contact me via email or phone at sandra.seader@gmail.com, 619-567-8962. My husband is in the military (stationed in Coronado) and I primarily work with military members. I am VA pro and can assist you to understand the fullest extent of your VA benefits! There are many details your average agent may not know about the VA that can really hinder your home buying process. Even if you would just like more information give me a call. I look forward to meeting you and finding you a perfect home that meats all of your real estate needs at an affordable price!
Hello , It will be a pleasure to assist you , my name is Luis Ceja with allison James estates and homes , please call me at 619-726-7171 and we can get started to find your dream home , thank you .
I show only one home that meets most of what you are looking for and it is listed for $299-359K and DOESN'T have a garage. (garage was converted to master bedroom.) Are you only interested in Spring Valley? Contact me directly and I can help you search!

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
brokermcallister@gmail.com EMAIL
Hello , my name is Luis Ceja with Allison James estates and homes , I will be delighted to assist you , please contact me at 619-726-7171 , thank you .