Colin, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

Looking for a short sale or forclosure

Asked by Colin, Tampa, FL Sun Mar 16, 2008

I am a looking to buy my first home I have just relocated back to Tampa after being gone for 5 years. I have VA and I have been preaproved for a morgage. i am looking for a home with the right price is this site reliable for me to purchase a home on a forclosure? or are they just blowing smoke up my butt for false advertising. Or what is the best method for buying a forclose home? I a lookingto buy in Sept or Oct. I rent in northdale and love the area. Thanks, Colin

Answers

9
Jeff Launiere, PA’s answer
Colin, I'm not sure which site you are researching at, however there are many foreclosure sites. Some are good while many are just to get your contact information. Same as those signs that are all over the streets, although those are often targeted to the homeowner.

Since this is your first home interview Realtors and find one that you are comfortable with. They can explain the pros and cons of foreclosures. For example, there are short sales, auctions, and bank owned which is also known as (REO) Real Estate Owned. We also have tons of short sale and foreclosure listings to show to you, and the lender pays us our commission.

Pros of course can be a great home at a great price. Cons can be depending on the stage of foreclosure and the lender you can make an offer, wait for several weeks to hear from them and then when they do accept they want a quick closing. Therefore they want you to hurry, but they sure can take their time. As a buyer you need patience. The bank owned are usually much easier to close on. There are also the HUD foreclosures. You can see these properties at http://www.hud.gov/homes/index.cfm.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 16, 2008
We have the most comprehensive list of Foreclosures, REO, Short Sales, Pre-Foreclosures online. Please visti us at http://www.findmyfloridahome.net for more info
Hi Colin,
Welcome home! You’ve already made a great choice in getting pre-approved for your mortgage. Many first time homebuyers don’t realize this is the first and most important step in the home buying process.
Regarding your question as to the reliability of information on this site, as with most websites, the information is only as accurate as the data source. I link listings on my website to Trulia via a third party provider. As far as I know the site doesn’t verify any information that is submitted to their site.
A great source for you might be Realtor.com. It is the number one site for real estate listings. All homes listed at Realtor.com are listed for sale in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS - used by most Realtors). The site is nationwide.
One of my sons is currently serving in the Navy. If you went to Gaither H.S. and went into the service right out of high school you may know my sons, Patrick and James Johnson.
When you are ready to work with a Realtor, I would love to help. I have lived in Northdale for 20 years and work a lot with first time homebuyers. Call me anytime, with any questions at 813-230-5804!
Colin
There are SOOO many right now you really have your pick! I was born and raised in Tampa, so I know the area well. I have several buyers right now that are seeking similar deals, like you. If you want, I can customize a search just for you and we can cherry pick the best ones, you even get your own client web page to organize all of your properties with us :)

I will preview homes regularly for & with clients and post them on my you tube channel. check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/kmadewel
Hi Colin,

Looking to purchase a home now may not be the best approach, especially for a forclosure. What is available now may not be available in Sept-Oct. However, I strongly recommend hiring a realtor or real estate lawyer to protect your best interest. A first time purchase should be fun and a breeze not laddled with red tape and hang ups. Forclosures are not easy to pan through and there are some really good deals that are not in financial distress. After renting in Northdale for 3 years I chose to buy in Northdale as well, so I feel the love for this area. When you are ready I would so enjoy the oportunity to work for you.
When you get closer to your expected closing date, decide which area and community in Tampa you want to live and then find a Realtor who specializes in that area to help you. Go to http://www.Realtor.com and see which Realtors have active listings in the zip code you want to live. Then chose a realtor or ask family and friends for a referral to a Realtor they have used in the past. With a short sale or pre-foreclosure property it is a long drawn out process so allow yourself an extra month or two to close. My areas of expertise are: 33626, 33635, 33615, 33625. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.soldontampa.com
Hi Colin!

As a Realtor, we have access to Foreclosures, REO's, and short sales via the MLS. As you know the good deals go fast so you really need to work with one Realtor and have them send you listings when they first come out. Northdale is a great area...I live in Carrollwood and love it! If you want to try it yourself please see the link below...
Well..........
VA is good, I don't understand what site you're talking about, certainly a Realtor could assist you quite better with detailed information.
Foreclosure and short sales are available troughout Tampa, but not necessarily the best deals.
check my site for foreclosures and give me a call to discuss your needs and goals, so that we can analyze your best avenue.
Visit my web, tons listed