K. U., Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Looking for a rent or rent to own home, 3 bdrms, on the northwest side of Chicago (60634). Is anyone aware of any homes available?

Asked by K. U., Chicago, IL Mon Jan 7, 2013

Answers

12
Even renters should work with a trusted Buyers Agent, look here why:

Please use a Buyers Agent
Pleases if you are interested in buying a property, do yourself a huge favor and work with an experienced local Realtor, do not do this on your own!

and here is WHY:

WORK WITH A REALTOR, YOUR PERSONAL BUYERS AGENT
I am wondering why you ask this question here at Trulia, if you are an interested and determined
buyer, you definitely should connect with a local Realtor, a buyers Agent, ie a Realtor who will be on
your side, protecting your interests, finding the right property, arrange showings, answer all your
questions, help you right a good offer, get you also pre-approved for a loan, and negotiate on your behalf the very best sale price and terms and if you commit to one trusted Realtor, he or she will commit 100 % to you and his or her services if you make an offer on a property listed by a Realtor/Brokerage in the multiple listing service will be FREE to you, as Buyers Agents are usually
paid by the seller's side, out of the sellers proceeds at the closing table...ALL THAT IS REQUIRED FROM YOU TO WORK ONLY WITH ONE REALTOR AND TO BE 100 % LOYAL TO YOUR PERSONAL BUYERS AGENT!

Why would you want to do this on your own, when there are so many details to be taken care of the
right way and so many details need to be paid attention to, inspection appraisals, loan commitment, walk thru etc. etc. in order to bring an offer to a fully executed contract and that to successful closing and home purchase.

Give it a second thought and hopefully you will decide to work with a trusted Realtor, who is experienced in your areas of interest. Please commit to only ONE Realtor!! If you need recommendations get back to me I gladly forward you names..

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, --- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 7, 2013
I asked this on here because I have looked at homes and have had my Realtor contacting their agents in hopes of working out a deal to rent-to-own or just simply rent, at this point it's just become exhausting. My intentions by posting this here is so that if any other agents have any clients that would consider renting or rent to own, they can connect with me and hopefully we can work out a deal. Thanks for your reply.
Flag Mon Jan 7, 2013
Im looking for a rent to own house with 3 plus possibly 4 bedrooms a full basement, Im looking in the illinios northwest subburbs. if i could get me information on propertys and how the program works thanks
scholl622@yahoo.com
I'm looking for a 4bdrms rent to own townhouse in the northwest or west surburbs in chicago, il. Is anyone aware of any townhouse available?
Please check: bairdwarner.com/angela.bailey I'm a licensed broker/buyer's agent here in Illinois, and would be happy to help you find a place that meets your criteria. Also, I'll be happy to conduct an MLS search for you. Email your criteria to angela.bailey@bairdwarner.com
Check out craigslist. They have these.
Thanks for your responses. I'm not 100% on the rent-to-own. I came across a rental w/ option and the deal wasn't bad, just the house wouldn't work for our family. Just keeping my options open. I am working with a realtor so I'm not doing this alone. My realtor thinks we could be approved for a mortgage, however we aren't sure we want to purchase right now. But, if I'm keeping my options completely open...I guess that would lead me to my next question...
Hello K.U., There are about 20 single family homes for rent on the northwest side, ranging in price from $1500 to $8500 in rent.

Give me a call to discuss what your boundaries are and price range and we can go and see any that you are interested in as soon as tomorrow.

Sarah @ Jameson Sotheby's International Realty

sarahz@jamesonsir.com
312-339-4460 (text friendly)
Please free to utilize my free website for your home search. http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com this website has all the up to date information. I am always available to answer any questions that you may have. I am a long time resident of the Northwest side of Chicago and I practice mainly in this area.
Lease/Option
You are desperate!
Your Credit or Finances, or both, will not allow you to go the conventional route:
You need the Seller to help you out!

The Seller will know it, and you are going to pay dearly for this service:
There aren't too many altruistic Sellers out there.

The terms that can be written into a Lease/Option can be dangerous to you:
How long is the Option period?
How much money are you putting in to the Option?
What happens if you are not able to execute the Option?
How do you know what your financial situation will be 2-5 years from now?
How much is the rent in the meantime?
Who will be responsible for maintenance and repair in the meantime?
What will be the Market Value of the home in 2-5 years?
What will be the Selling price 2-5 years from now?

This is the Ultimate Caveat Emptor!
It depends on your price point and where on the NW side. It is a big area. Forget rent to own. When you can get a mortgage then start looking to buy.
Unfortunately there's not much available. I would also recommend working with an agent, this way you get information on new listings as they come available.

Dear K.U.,

Edith have given you very sound advice.

Even though you are going to do a Rent -to-Own I would advise you work with a Mortgage Broker to start preparing now for the actual purchase. I work with Mary Kay Laurent with Guaranteed Rate at 773-516-6859. It is free to you and she can work with you to make sure that when the time comes for the purchase you are on track and ready.

Best of Luck,

Manuel Brown, Broker
iMove Chicago