Home Buying in Santa Barbara>Question Details

gaurav811, Home Buyer in Goleta, CA

Looking for a realtor who specializes in short sale and pre-foreclosure negotiation

Asked by gaurav811, Goleta, CA Sun Apr 15, 2012

Can someone recommend a short sale buyers agent in Santa Barbara who is patient, has keen eye for spotting good value, has experience making offers to banks (and distressed buyers) pre-foreclosure and is willing to make multiple offers in short sale process.

I am a first time homebuyer with excellent credit score, no debts, secure job and willing to put more than 20% down if necessary. I would prefer paying extra commission on top of the commission you get from the sellers side if I find such a broker.

Please recommend if you know someone who is the best in Santa Barbara/ Goleta area.

From what I have read short sales offer the best discounts especially if you offer the bank before they list it on MLS.........It is also uncertain and takes longer (hence the multiple offers). I am ok with regular MLS purchases and REO`s also as long as there is a significant discount from market value.

Answers

5
We special in representing buyers and sellers of all Santa Barbara short sales. Please visit our website at SantaBarbaraShortSale.com
We guarantee to save you thousands off the asking price as well!!!

Douglas Thron
805 450 2882
SantaBarbaraCalifornia.com
I have several successful sales representing buyers in the short sale market. As long as you don't mind the wait, I am happy to discuss the possibility of working on your behalf.

If you are interested, please contact me at priscilla@villagesite.com and we can see if this will work for you.

Priscilla Bedolla
DRE#00892339
Good morning,

I would be happy to assist you in your home search and understand your desire to secure a property at an under market value. Foreclosures and short sales are often, but not always the best value. I can explain that via email, phone or in person.

I actually represent more buyers than any other local agents. In fact, in the last 12 months, I've actually represented over twice as many buyers as the next productive agent. One way of the reasons for that is I've developed some exclusive buyer services to assist in locating and securing the best deals on the market including a twice a month REO list features current and upcoming REO's (foreclosures). digging up pocket listings (not yet on the market) which represent about 15% of the properties that sell each month, as well as some specific negotiation strategies that position my buyers for the best chance of success when the time comes. Even with the large volume of clients I represent, I truly believe in very hands-on and personal service. Feel free to look at the testimonials of my past clients that can attest to this: http://www.theziagroup.com/ZiaGroupReviews.php. I would also be happy to furnish as many references as you would like.

19 of the 40+ properties I've sold the last year were foreclosures, including 14 of which were short sales. Suffice to say I understand the patience involved in the short sale process as well as the tension between securing the best deal possible while still being in the range of price the banks will approve the short sale at.

You are welcome to visit my website at http://www.ZiaGroup.com for more information on my services, or please, give me a call or contact me via email. I am happy to be a NEUTRAL adviser on your behalf and look forward to speaking with you.

Daniel Zia, Broker-Associate & Realtor®
Prudential California Realty
Cell: 805.637.7148
Lic. #01710544

*Chairman's Circle Platinum: Top 1% of Prudential Agents worldwide*
*Certified Shortsale & Foreclosure Resource*
*Voted the #1 Realtor by the Santa Barbara Independent's Best of Readers' Poll in 2009 and 2011*
If you would like to email me, my email is Daniel@ZiaGroup.com
Flag Mon Apr 16, 2012
Good Morning!

In response to your message on Trulia, I would be happy to help.

My name is Heidi Crossman, Realtor with Atlantic & Pacific Real Estate, I am short sale certified and recently closed 2 short sales in Santa Barbara. Foreclosures are good at this time also. I have listed 5 REO properties in the last year in Santa Barbara because I work for several mortgage companies in listing their REO homes. I do have the information before I put the home in the MLS and usually try to find the buyer's that way.

I would be happy to discuss your specific needs and concerns. I have seen most of the homes currently on the market and am very knowledgeable in what Santa Barbara currently has to offer.

Multiple offers on Short sales or REO's are good in this market and as long as we disclose to listing agents that we have other offers in we are good to go, I have done this many times with clients.

I am a very ethical agent who will work extremely hard to get you what you want. Let me take some of the stress off your hands and negotiate on your behalf.

Heidi Crossman, Realtor
heidi@aboutrealestate.com
(805) 636-6735
With the real estate market rebounding smartly in California, almost all the current listings are decent to good values.

If you're trying to work a deal on short sales, it's hard to get much more than a 5% discount, simply because there are so many buyers competing. So, it doesn't really matter how good or patient your agent is, you can only bid right at the market price and hope for the best. Winning just means you've edged out the next highest bidder by a slim margin.

If you're looking to score a deal with REO's, that much easier since the competitive hurdles are much higher. Many banks are looking to do a quick deal with an all cash buyer (closing within 15 days). So, you can easily get a 10-15% discount. But, do you need the cash. 20% down would just bring you back to the market price.

You also describe something that seems like a pre-foreclosure purchase. Just like REO's, you can get a discount like you've been hearing, but they also require all cash or a whole lot of cash.