Home Buying in Clermont>Question Details

Tara, Both Buyer and Seller in 30501

Looking for a 4/3 in Clermont either a lease purchase or Owner Finance. Anyone know of anything...Please,

Asked by Tara, 30501 Fri Mar 7, 2008

let me know.

Tara

Answers

5
Tara,

I work the Clermont, Dahlonega, Cleveland, etc. area and as of last Wednesday there were approx. 50 homes for sale in the Clermont area. About 20 to 30 percent were 4 bedrooms. I do not recall any of the properties being listed as either lease purchase or owner financing, however, that does not mean the owners would not consider.

To narrow the choices and actually ask the right questions, we would have to have a discussion about price ranges, credit score, etc. You should be advised that FHA has recently loosened their limits and there could be a possibility for a FHA loan. Again, we would have to look at the particulars of your situation.

In the meantime, if you want to view the available properties, you can go to my web site (see address below) and use the search feature to pull up all of the homes. Also, if you have any other questions I may help you with, you can call me anytime.

Good luck in your search,

Dave Gordon
678-637-6914
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 8, 2008
Hi Tara,
Is there a reason that you are looking for a Lease Purchase or Owner Financed home? There are serious pitfalls in obtaining a home by either of these methods. Most Sellers are not in a position to finance the property. Even if you could find one, you have to be sure that the property was free and clear of any Mortgages or Liens. If you by an Owner Financed home and the Seller defaults on the indebtedness, you could lose everything you have in it. The same goes for a Lease Purchase. If there is indebtedness and the Seller defaults, you are in the same position to lose it all. Another problem with a Lease Purchase is that the seller will price the property at what he thinks it will be worth at the end of the Lease and in this market assessing the value of any property 1 or 2 years down the road is all but impossible.
If you Credit Score is the problem you need to explore what Private Lenders have to offer. They will require a larger down payment than a Conventional Lender and a higher Interest Rate but as long as you have Income and the property Appraises well they could be your answer.
may I suggest that you contact a Lender that I have worked with in the past with great results. They are a licensed lender in the State of Georgia and have placed many Home Mortgages here. They will lend up to 12 years on a Residential Mortgage, giving you plenty of time to get your affairs in order and correct whatever is preventing you from qualifying for a Conventional Loan.. They will not include a pre-payment penalty clause in their agreement, allowing you to refinance at a more favorable rate as soon as you can quality. You can give them a call and clarify some of the issues and see if they can help you. Their contact information is:

The Westmoore Group, LLC
http://www.westmooregroup.com
Ph: (646) 801-6190
Fx: (646) 619-4291
The Westmoore Group, LLC is a licensed lender in the State of Georgia and operates under the license #30544.
I have a home for sale 4/2 in Clermont city limits, you can contact me if you'd like to look.

770-653-7986
Misty
Hello Tara,
In our current market we are seeing Sellers more flexible with accepting Lease/Purchases. I have recently helped two couples get into homes under the same conditions. There are some homes in the North Hall area that have that option. Also some builders are willing to do that as well. If you like call me and I can send you the properties to your email. We can then also discuss what it really means to Lease to Purchase.
Take care,
Megan Thoroman
Web Reference: http://meganthoroman.com
Hi Tara! I think first you really need to sit down with a loan officer to see if you have to "lease purchase." It would be better for you to purchase upfront and yes the FHA regulations have loosened up and they are helping a ton of people get approved. I'd love to meet with you at your convience and we can go over everything you are looking for in a home, etc.

Rebecca Netzel, Realtor
7705427317
rebecca.netzel@coldwellbanker.com