Home Buying in Redondo Beach>Question Details

florentta, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Looking for a house that has potential for future growth in the Beach Cities (South Bay LA) with a budget around 1mil.

Asked by florentta, Los Angeles, CA Sun Feb 9, 2014

We are looking for a house that has potential for future growth in the Beach Cities (South Bay LA). We are willing to remodel ourselves. Being in a good public school district is very important. Do you have any advice on areas that meet these criteria and are promising for future growth in real estate value? Thanks!

Answers

15
Honestly. there is a lot of potential for growth in the beach cities. certain areas will be guaranteed to grow... If the Redondo Beach residents do the right thing. OMG! tons of potential. It depends on what you consider "future".... there are many areas that have expotentially improved the past 2 years... amazing!
Sure! First of all I recommend you connect with a Local Realtor who really knows the West Los Angeles and South Bay areas who can guide you in your purchase. 1M actually not enough for "beach front" however, it is for "Beach near" areas that are always in high demand.
Around $1M in Manhattan Beach is possible, but a very limited selection. There are a couple of SFRs currently for sale near the eastern border, but they are still in Manhattan Beach where the best schools are located. All five of MBch's elementary schools have API scores in the mid-to-high 900s.

Hermosa Beach also has elementary schools in the 900s, but a notch lower that MBch. There are several SFRs in the $1M range, but most will be located east of PCH. That's okay because there are good neighborhoods east and west of PCH. A few SFRs are for sale in this price range west of PCH, but most are higher priced. The closer to the beach the higher the price. Both cities have townhouses with lower prices, in case you want a townhouse. I can email a list off current homes for sale for both cities, and in your price range. They will have details and photos, and my comments if you wish.

Redondo Beach has a wider selection in your price range -- both SFRs and townhouses (I don't recommend condos in your price range -- for reasons I will be glad to explain). You will get more house for the money in RBch -- larger homes and yards. South RBch is a bit more desirable than North RBch, but there are several fine neighborhoods in N. RBch. A few elementary schools in RBch have high API scores, and I can give those to you.

Best thing to do is have me drive you around to the various properties and areas, and make a few appointments to see the homes. Please let me know if that will work for you.

Kind regards,

Flavia Brown
CA BRE #01729313
The Real Estate Group
310-374-9093 (direct)
310-961-1300 (cellular)
310-702-6335 (assistant Ben)
There is currently a small house on a 6,500 square feet lot for sale in South Redondo that might fulfill your needs. You can check the school ratings for that area and any area throughout california at greatschool.com. For additional suggestions, please feel free to contact me at 626 673 2199 and/or Rossana.realtor@gmail.com. Search for homes at http://Rossana.kwrealty.com.
Suzanhelmer @gmail .com I would love to help you. Doing business in a number of coAstal areas from Laguna to Santa monica. Suzan 949 378 1502
Suzan helmer 949 378 1502
Hi there,

Yes, I have several ideas, specifically a home that I sold to my clients a few years ago on an Ocean View large lot with a small house, tons of potential to build onto or tear down and build new.

Let's talk.

Lisa Zahm
Top Producer
(310) 699-3646
I would be happy to meet with you and go over your wants, needs and desires. Give me a call at
(310) 748-3560.

Valerie, Broker
SouthBay Broker!
There are lots of good choices. You need to get a tour of few different South bay areas, as there are differences between several areas. Interview a couple of agents and find one that you like, then take a tour.
Call or email me if you would like to discuss.

Michael Magaw
310.259.6850
You can't go wrong from El Segundo to Palos Verdes. While home prices won't like rise at the same clip as the last 9 months, there are still areas to find good values with great school districts. Each area has unique qualities to suit your needs and a good local realtor should be able to point you in the right direction. If you are still in need of someone to guide you, I'm happy to help. With the abundance of realtors in this area, your best bet is to interview s few and fine one that you like and can trust. Good luck!
Florentta
I am one of the top producing agents in the South Bay and the Palos Verdes Peninsula. There are several areas in the South Bay that meet your criteria. The best school districts are Manhattan Beach/Hermosa Beach and the Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District. The Redondo Beach, Torrance and El Segundo school districts are also good. Prices in Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach have just exploded over the last year. Palos Verdes has had increases and offers good future growth.

I would be happy t meet with you and go over the advantages and disadvantages of each of these areas. I have a website with extensive information about these cities including info on their school districts, parks and recreation, local neighborhoods, market reports, etc. Check me out at http://www.maureenmegowan.com .
Florentta,

I work with an amazing Realtor who lives and works that area very well. Let me know if I can connect you with her.

Mario Pinedo, CCIM
Mortgage Banker
CS Financial
http://www.HomeLoans.LA
http://www.HouseLoansLosAngeles.com
http://www.CondoLoansLosAngeles.com
http://www.Facebook.com/HomeLoans.LA
BRE Broker 01118365
NMLS 1029116
Office 424-249-7434
Cell 415-269-6249
mpinedo@csfinancial.com
Twitter @mariopinedo
Mario Pinedo,…, Real Estate Pro in Cupertino, CA
Send me your email and I will send you some homes. Suzanhelmer @gmail.com
Well you need a real estate agent. I would be more than happy to recommend a few to you.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com
408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com