Home Buying in Folsom>Question Details

Bruce Fremont, Home Buyer in Folsom, CA

Looking for a home with seperate in law quarters, any out their?

Asked by Bruce Fremont, Folsom, CA Fri Sep 21, 2012

Answers

5
I can think of a couple in EL Dorado Hills :)
Hi Bruce, I see you are located in Folsom. Is that where you are looking to purchase a home? If so, there aren't too many available with in-law units. You'll likely have better luck with that in El Dorado County or in other parts of Sacramento. There may be other options in Folsom though. What's the purpose of the in-law suite? Are you planning on renting it? Or is it for relatives?

I'd love to help you further. Please contact me at 916-241-8788. Thanks!
You need to have a more detailed discussion with someone regarding what you, and your 'in laws' have in mind. There are homes with Casitas, that remind me more of hotel rooms with a full bath separate from the home. There are homes with separate wings in the same house. There are properties with two homes on the lot.

Price range matters and possibly other amenities. For example will they be able to drive or need amenities close within walking? Do they need a separate kitchen and complete apartment set up or just living area, like bedroom and sitting room & bath? So many items to explore when you are combining two generations within a home.

If the 'in laws' are actually elderly, you might want to consider the aging in place issues as well regarding senior housing..like no steps in their living area, wider aisles, grab bars as an example.

So much to discuss. I would love to have a separate discussion with you on this because I learn so much what the new lifestyles require. I am making assumptions that you are combining living arrangements with elderly parents but it could be moving your kids family into the same home. There are many options and yes, there are homes for you to consider. We just need more information.
Bruce - Yes, there are homes out there that either have an attached or detached in law quarters. You seem to have a broad range of areas so that helps with the selection.

Sitting down with an agent that specializes in those areas will really help you get started on finding that home that fits what you are needing.

I know Elk Grove and Folsom really well - if you are interested in talking some more, I would be happy to provide you with some homes that may include that in law quarters you want!

:)
Jodi Snyder
Keller Willaims Realty
916-708-8454
Where are you looking and in what price range?
Hi Bruce - There are a number of homes with separate buildings on the lots, but I don't know if they will all meet your criteria. If you are looking for one with kitchen and bath, there aren't many. There is one exceptional looking property in El Dorado Hills. At $487K it is a bit out of your preferred price range, but may be worth taking a look at. There are also a few fixer types in the $300K to $400K range. Feel free to contact me to discuss, at 916 718 9577
Flag Fri Sep 21, 2012
I looking in area of Folsom, Elk Grove Ca. and maybe certain parts Sacramento.
Price range no higher 450gs. I have a house paid off and looking to sell move. Credit average score 620
Flag Fri Sep 21, 2012