Dawn, Home Buyer in Frisco, TX

Looking for a home with separate living quarters

Asked by Dawn, Frisco, TX Sun Nov 11, 2007

My parents are retiring and wanting to move to the area. We currently live in Frisco, but a re a little flexible. Where are the homes with second living quarters. First house would be a MIN of 3700 sq feet. I prefer more. Second home would at min, need a kitchen and full bedroom. full bathroom.

Whare areas even have things like this.

Answers

14
HI Dawn -

I just helped a family in your same exact situation. These homes are out there... you just need to hire an agent that can find them.

Guess what...Ta-Dah... here I am!

I would love to work with you to find that "needle in the haystack home" you are looking for. If you are flexible on the location of the home - then that will open up several more properties for you choose from.

I would love to speak to you about your different options! Please contact me at 214-799-8002 - or go to my website http://www.Fabulous-Realty.com. Its user friendly allows you to search properties from the comfort of your sofa!

Looking forward to speaking with you-

Kimi Buchler

REALTOR
Expect Fabulousness
JP & Associates Realtors
Direct- 214-799-8002
http://www.Fabulous-Realty.com
http://www.facebook.com/kimi.buchler
Have you thought about building with a custom home builder on your own land? I know several custom home builders I can help you through the process with.

Buy/sell through me and I'll move you for FREE*!!!

*some restrictions apply, contact me for details*
I was out today looking for homes with separate living quarters and yes I have found them. Let's talk and I will share. There is a strategy to get the home of your dreams with all features, contact a professional, Me. (You will not be disappointed()

Kathy Hines / Broker
Keller Williams Dallas Preston

http://greathomedeals.kwrealty.com/
Murphy which is just outside of Plano and Lucas and Fairview,TX. These are great areas with an open feel and the neighbors are not so close. Great Estates. I can think of a great place on Tranquility Drive in Fairview. Call me and let's talk.

Kathy Hines/Broker
Keller Williams Dallas Preston
972-632-6530
Lucas, Fairview - let me know if I can help with your search.
There are some opp's of working reconstruction of pre-existing home or even with builder. Highland Park is an area that offers more guest quarters, but a few areas in Frisco, Prosper, McKinney areas for a conversion based on city approval.

Contact my office
972-699-9111
Lynn
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
Hi Dawn, I would check out Prosper and McKinney. Neighborhoods like Lakes of La Cima in Prosper and Tucker Hill in McKinney are along Hwy 380 North of the Tollway. These areas offer larger square footage homes and unique floorplans with lots of separation and some separate quarters that could suit your needs. Plus, being so close to the tollway, you would still have access to all the great amenities in Frisco, so you would not have to change things like banking and doctors unless you just wanted to.

You may want to consider building to suit your needs. Build jobs out North are taking about 5 months. We can work your home sale around the timing of the new construction. It's a great time of year to look at that as an option, as our biggest corporate relocation season, that brings the most buyers to the Frisco area, is January through May.
Web Reference: http://www.rondaallen.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 28, 2008
Hello Dawn,
In Frisco, might be a little difficult. There are quite a few of large homes, that can have a few renovations making it private for all. However, if you are looing them to be close, it might be wiser for them to purchase close by? If they are healthy enough to do this. I know from personal experience, when I have had my married children move back home,until their homes were ready to move in, we were able to get a long, however move day was a celebration for all! We are a close family, however it is better when everyone is in their own home. I have also had a parent live with me for 20 years, and even though it is suppose to be seperate, it really isn't. I am fortunate, to have an excellent husband, that goes with the flow. If you wouldlike help in finding a nice home close to you please feel free to call (972) 757-4527 or email me at bcapobianco1@yahoo.com or Txexperiencedrealty.com. Good luck in whatever you choose.
Prosper or Fairview. Preferably Fairview.
Web Reference: http://www.homeferret.com
Dawn,
Another possible solution would be to check with builders who offer floorplans with double-master bedrooms. Usually one master bedroom is downstairs, and the 2nd master is upstairs. This may give you the flexibility you need, all in one home. There are some floorplans available in various neighborhoods thoughout Collin County.

Another idea is looking for homes on acreage where you could build the second/smaller home to suit your specific needs. I would recommend checking the deed restrictions prior to purchasing to ensure you are able to build the 2nd home on your land.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to call me at 214-418-0180. I would be happy to help.
Melissa Hailey
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry Realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2007
Hi Dawn,

I would welcome the opportunity to assist you with all of your real estate needs. Contact me for a private consultation.

My team stands ready to assist you...one stop shopping...Mortgage Broker and Insurance Agent.

Call or e-mail me today!

Mattye Smith
972-733-5265
mattye.smith@vrimail.com
Hello Dawn, it sounds like you are looking for a house and separate guest quarters. I have one close to Frisco for you that has over 4500SF plus a guest house with about 1200SF with 2 bedrooms, a kitchen and bath. Give me a call at 214-289-8555 or email me at naima@sumner-realty.com
Web Reference: http://www.sumnerrealty.com
You could have your Realtor search for an "au pair" or granny unit that may not have stairs. Some properties have separate access or even a second home for situations such as yours.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2007
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in Danville, VA
I think the area will depend on the exact situation you are talking about. In many cases "quarters" are over a garage or have stairs, which might not be a fit for your parents. I also noticed you said "separate" but am not sure how literally you meant it. Newer homes rarely will have completely separate quarters with a full kitchen because this would require the property to be zoned multi-family. In most cases the "quarters" are going to be attached to the primary home. I am sure there are exceptions to this but the majority of homes I have seen that had completely separate quarters were built prior to current restrictions. If you are interested in a home of this size I would recommend that you find a lot and build something. This would prevent you from having to limit yourself to only the homes with existing quarters. Otherwise you might want to consider finding an older home that might fit your needs. This would probably require you to look at areas like Preston Hollow, the Park Cities and East Dallas. I can think of a few things that would be good options in these areas. If you have a price range in mind you can contact me and I will find some things and consult a general contractor on options for new construction.

J. Stotle Baird
214-918-5841