Home Buying in Summerlin>Question Details

Anthony, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, Las Vegas,...

Looking for a home in Summerlin,The Lakes area with a mother in law area (guest home). We will be moving at

Asked by Anthony, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Wed Jun 10, 2009

the end of July. Needs to be under $250,00. We've found tons of homes but having troulble targeting the additional living area for the mother-in-law.Help?

Answers

3
Have you considered a home with a second master? We live and work in Summerlin and also have listings in the lakes. You can surf the mls at http://www.lasvegasmlsproperties.com or give us a call at 702.604.7739

Thanks!
Anthony,

I think this is going to be very difficult to find for under $250k especially in Summerlin. The only homes that had small guest homes (casita's) as options were built on larger lots and were usually upscale larger homes. They were typically available in 2000 sq feet or larger homes that sit on large .20 acre or larger lots. I know a home that recently sold in my neighborhood in Summerlin with a casita and it sold for $380k. I did a search and could not find anything priced under $339k right nowand this had a attached casita. I do not know of any homes in The Lakes that were offered with casitas at all when they were newly built by the developers. So you would probably need to find a home that had one added after the fact. The majority of homes in Summerlin do not have a large enough lot to fit a casita.

You can find this combination in other areas of the valley with no problem. I looked at a gorgeous home with a casita in Centennial Hills area recently that was priced at $244k.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Ron Johnson
Elite Realty
702-595-9743
There aren't too many homes under $250k with a separate guest home/casita in Summerlin. I just sold one in Aliante but that's about 20 minutes north of the Summerlin area. If any are available it would most likely just be a 1 room & bath setup with a wetbar at most. Are you trying to find a separate guest home with full kitchen?

Would a separate bed & bath in the same house work for your situation?

I'd like to help you with your home search. You can get my contact info by clicking on my profile.