Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Jon Huffingt…, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Looking for a good agent, any out there?

Asked by Jon Huffington, Austin, TX Mon Jun 10, 2013

Okay, here is what I am looking for:
1. High-rise condo
2. Town Lake view
3. Spacious
4. New
5. Great amenities
6. High-end finishes

My budget is $125,000

Waiting...waiting...waiting...

If you are still reading this, you either crazy or have a great sense of humor. I appreciate the latter (and a little crazy is okay as well).

So the only things in my list were the budget and that I want a condo. I certainly understand that I would have to give up a lot to get something in that price range; I'm fine with that.

Any experts out there that might have an interest. Let me know.

Answers

15
Jon,
Whatever you decide...do not call me for an interview. Do not even consider giving me a trial run for a couple weeks and then either kicking me to the roadside or continuing. The one with town lake views I'm thinking of showing you first has lots of bats that own the other condos in the complex. Anyway...DO NOT CALL ME.

Have a great day! Bill
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 10, 2013
Jon...if I find that condo, I will certainly let you know. NOT!!! I'll but it myself. HA! Seriously though, I currently live in a condo having moved out of a single family home and I absolutely LOVE it! I had a garage sale and sold all my lawn equipment and hope to never buy any again. LOL! Well, if you don't have an agent yet, I'd love to serve you. If you do, good luck and I hope you find that perfect condo to meet your needs.

http://bnunez.austin.fathomhomes.com/
Jon, good one! Nevertheless, we have a similar sense of humor so I think we might get along just fine. I just so happen to also be one of the top Realtors in the greater Austin area, and I am a Residential Specialist as well. Also, I do condominiums all the time, which are a different animal than homes. There are quite a few pitfalls that I have learned to avoid over the years, plus I have a few lenders I use to specialize in condominiums.(If we talk, I will explain what I'm referring to)

Anyway, if you want to work with someone who has the same sense of humor, happens to be a Negotiation Specialist(I negotiated more than most Realtors will ever imagine), and who deals in condominiums as well as single-family homes, you might want to give me a call. Or, you might not. Your call. But, I am one of the top agents in the greater Austin area, am with the #1 rated Real Estate company in United States and Austin, Keller Williams Realty, and I'm also a Master Instructor who teaches Negotiations, Buyer Representation, Tomfoolery, etc. My mom also said I'm the best Realtor in the world, but you can be the judge of that. I think maybe she is biased!? ;)

Also of importance, I do not charge anything for Buyer Representation, and my lenders do not charge anything for the pre-approval process if you are going to finance. Since I send them all a lot of business, they also give my clients preferential treatment with regard to rates and terms. Some even pay your closing costs which is not easy to find nowadays... DO CALL ME!!

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012) Call 512-261-4415
...yeah I could help you! And I need the money! Gotta pay the rent!

But I do have a question for you.....why a condo? At that price point...if its a budget/income/qualifying thing... You could get more for your money in a single family home! Once you figure in condo fees etc etc.....you have cut into your buying power!

Give me a call....I think about helping you out! haha!
Great Agent with a great cause here!

Here's a list of my top 10 near downtown for under $125k.

http://www.mlsfinder.com/tx_actris/shawnmonshaugen/index.cfm…
Web Reference: http://shawnmon.com
Hey Jon!

I know an "off the radar", well maintained condo complex with a nice pool and also tennis courts and low monthly home owner association fees - 2 bedroom, 2 bath for $110,000.

Is there a specific area of Austin that you need? There are 100 condos currently listed on our mls at 125,000 or less. Send me a little more of your needs and wants and I will target in on it.

As an architect and real estate broker I offer a unique insight for my clients.

Cheers!

Claire McIntyre, Architect / Real Estate Broker / Builder
512 699 9912
MMI McIntyre Associates
Real Estate Brokerage
http://www.mmirealestate.com
claire@mmirealestate.com
McIntyre & McIntyre Inc
Architecture / Engineering
Project Management
http://www.mmibuildings.com
Hi Jon,

I've sold many condos in that price range in the past 10 years and all over the Austin area.

You will have great options both north and south... depending on what other things you want... bedrooms, lifestyle, etc we can narrow down options from there.

Cathy
512-431-4823
cathy@douglasresidential.com
Jon,

There are currently 68 condos available in Travis county which meet your budget. Sizes range from 341 - 1,981 square feet. If you call or send me an e-mail with more details of what you're looking for, I can send you a list.

Anna Culina REALTOR®
Keller Williams Realty Lake Travis
1921 Lohmans Crossing, Ste. 100
Austin, TX 78734
Direct: 512.266.9022
Cell: 512.663.0380
E-mail: culina.kw@gmail.com

Each office is independently owned and operated
I am just glad you are not looking in my area, your criteria would be put you in a price point about twice where you are at (and that is if our government surrenders the dollar and we become reliant on the peso). Good luck!
Hi Jon - I would be happy to help, and I appreciate the humor. I was starting to feel a little sorry for you when I saw the price range. :)

Feel free to call or email me anytime. I've been selling homes in Austin full-time for over 16 years now. You might enjoy my blog here: http://www.theaustindude.com/blog/

Jason Crouch, Broker/Owner
Austin Texas Homes, LLC
512-796-7653 (cell)
http://www.austintexashomes.com
Hi Jon,

Often times, out of town investors are seeking this same criteria(because none of us Texans would be interested in a deal like that)

I would be happy to help you with your condo search. There are units that come to the market on Manchaca in 78704 for under $125k.(I have done several in this area) It is a great location and walking distance to S. Lamar.

Please feel free to contact me anytime without obligation.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
I'll take it!

Ready to go when you are :)

512-507-5142 call/text

erniehatton.com
Ooh, ooh pick me! Hahaha

No but in all seriousness, as you've mentioned, it'll be a bit of a challange but I think it can be done. I would need a bit more information from you in order to better assist you such as : time frame, whether or not you would be open to a fixer- upper, and what criteria you would be willing to "sacrifice". Please feel free to call me to further discuss this.

Sal Zuniga
512-698-480)
Szuniga@gretx.com
Sal.AustinHousrReport.com
Hey Jon,

I thought you were crazy with what you wanted for your budget, but then I got your sense of humor. You are going to give up a whole lot for the tight budget you are in, particularly location. I sell condos and I think I am a good agent (but everybody thinks they are too), give me a try and see if I meet your criteria of "good agent".

Vivianne Dordea
Sierra Homes Realty
512-554-5997
vdordea@austin.rr.com
I was looking for condos today. I am at acmoyseos@gmail.com or 512.466.8252 if you'd like to contact me. Thank you!

Angele Moyseos, Broker
Vox Real Estate LLC