Home Buying in New York>Question Details

tkim378, Home Buyer in 10017

Looking for a condo in Manhattan under 700K, all cash

Asked by tkim378, 10017 Sat Jan 25, 2014

I want to purchase a condo in Manhattan and my budget limit is 700K. I am also wondering if there is anyway that I could reach condo developers seeking small investors. If the condo development is still in the planning phase, that is okay too as my move-in date is very flexible(with in 1 month to 3 years). Please reach me at tkim378@gmail.com.

Answers

10
If you need assistance please connect with me... I'll be happy to help you with your purchase
Lmotola@townrealestate.com
I have some great options for you. My email is nardeen@rapartnersny.com

You said the magic word. An all cash purchase. Of course nobody is thrilled to see the 3 year time frame. Bottom line, on a fast search through the Douglas Elliman site, there are approximately 185 properties that range from Studio to 2 Bedroom Condo units. If you add other criteria like, specific neighborhood, amenities, proximity to transportation, shopping, perhaps even schools the options will dwindle to some degree. That is to be expected.

Keep in mind your closing costs which will include your Attorney fees, Application and credit check fees and perhaps proration fees as well. In a new building scenario, you will have thrust upon you the NY State and City transfer taxes along with your contribution to the new buildings' reserve fund and possibly the developers Attorney fees as well.

I would hazard a guess to say most on this thread would look to have you purchase sooner rather than later (3 years?) and I consider myself to be in that group. There is much to know. My question is, do you currently live in NYC? If so, good. If you are a foreign buyer, you will need additional advise in moving forward. It's not for lack of available properties but be aware in New York property sells in a heartbeat an inventory is extremely tight to begin with which will exhibit itsself by multiple offers on any property and even the dreaded bidding war. As I like to say, if you're not first in NYC, you're last Good luck.
Why not simply work with an agent of your own who can provide any necessary information; ask people you may know for referrals, or contact and interview a few agents from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best.
I'll be happy to help you... Manhattan has numerous opportunities! I am actually visiting a property tomorrow that will not be completed until 2015. If that's within your timeline, then we should speak Let me do some homework and I will get back to you!
please reach me at tkim378@gmail.com for details I am greatly interested
Flag Sun Jan 26, 2014
I currently have a great condo listing in the GV/east village area asking $695k so this might perhaps be of interest. It's suitable for use as a home or investment property and if you did have a longer time horizon the tenant currently occupying the space would be interested in renewing for another year. I can also help you find other similar properties for consideration if you'd like to contact me. Charlie Summers, csummers@cbbellmarc.com 917-376-1648. Long track record in the biz!
could you please email me of the property details at tkim378@gmail.com?
Flag Sun Jan 26, 2014
Hello, congratulations on your decision to purchase a new home. A general inquiry for condo apartments in Manhattan yielded 236 apartments, 700K and under, currently available. Depending on where you want the apartment to be, your investment objectives (if not buying for your primary residence) and what your needs and wants are we can tailor the search to find the perfect apartment for you. Feel free to reach out to talk more about what specifically it is you are looking for and need. I can be reached any time. Best of luck in your search and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Best regards, Peter Forsman Licensed Real Estate Salesperson Douglas Elliman peter.forsman@elliman.com 908-510-5642
What exactly are you looking for ? Are etc ?
If this is not an attempt to get emails call @ 9175576066
I attempeted to send you an eamil. Your email address did not work.

Call me and we can discuss your options.
How many rooms are you looking for? Need more information. Please feel free to call so that we can discuss the possibilities. My name is Michele Brown-Lowe and I can be reached at 914-527-5733.