fris, Home Buyer in North Redington Beach,...

Looking for a canal or dockside home along central Gulf coast between St. Pete Beach and New Port Richey

Asked by fris, North Redington Beach, FL Tue Feb 26, 2013

I'm looking for a small, vacation or 2nd home that has a water feature, ideally canalside or similar.

Answers

12
Fred Strickroot’s answer
Are you still looking? What price range? You will get more for your money in New Port Richey. I would be happy to do a search for you based on what is currently available that has a canal or similar. Do you want gulf access from your own canal? What price, how many rooms, bathrooms? Size?

Once I have that information, I will find you some homes and email you home brochures for homes that are good possibilities for you.

Fred Strickroot
HomeNet
mybestfloridarealtor@gmail.com
727-478-8997
There are 115 properties curently on MLS that fit your criteria,I need more info to narow the search.
Please contact me at 727-657-3488
3400 Floramar Terrace, New Port Richey, FL 34652 - Went on the market today. Ask for Shawn 727-848-1570
For Sale By Owner went up for sale, 1 showing, Under Contract same day! I am not of retirement age and have lived in Gulf Harbors for 13 years - Bitter sweat to sell our beautiful home and to leave our great neighbors. Have considered Gulf Harbors a 13 year vacation home.
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013
don't go into gulf harbors. the water system is horrible, the "private beach" is a joke I know, i've spent many a birthday party there. open gulf access is hard to find with the canals if you don't live way into the neighborhood. it used to be a great place to live, but now it's one big retirement community. i think i was the last generation to live in there! it's run down now. actually, pasco county as a whole is a dump now. you're better off going south into pinellas county.
Fris,

Good afternoon. While there have been several good answers below, for value and quality of life I would suggest my Coastal Community of Gulf Harbors. While maintaining a comparable knowledge well into the Clearwater area, besides a considerably lower tax base, we offer deep water Canals, a Private Yacht Club and Private Gulf front Beach.

As a Gulf Harbors Resident, Waterfront Specialist and Developer's Representative from 2000 to 2010, it would be my pleasure to assist you.

Steven Zimmerman Realtor ABR GRI
Belloise Tropical Realty
Steve@SteveZimmerman.com
Fris,
I've just completed an inventory of single family homes and a few town homes, recent construction or older well maintained homes, from St Peter Beach to South Tarpon Springs. These are homes I have viewed, They are all big water view or wide canal. The list willl provide construction date, water feature and community. Prices will range from $500,000 to 2.1 Mill. The list will also allow you to identify the prevailing values in the communities. For instance, you are are looking for a $300,000 fixer upper, you may want to avoid the $900,0000 communities.
-
If you would find this information helpful and able assist you in focusing your efforts let me know. You will need to give me a call.
Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.410.4041
WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO GIVE YOU IDEAS AND SHOW YOU WHAT IS AVAILABLE TO YOU. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

BILL SZYDLOWSKI
813-323-4443
-
=
You sould consider sticking with a home closer to 200k to:

1. stay out of renter/investor areas as 150k and below are what people are buying to rent out

2. a 200k neighborhood is much nicer

3. will appreciate better

Contact me to see what a 200k 2nd home purchase with only 10% down and NO PMI payment would be, then at least you'll know your options.

Below are some of the best programs from A to Z available, including the all new Stated Income Alt Loans for Self Employed borrowers

After reviewing programs below, please email me at Steve@pro-option.com

7) 90% LTV- NEW-No PMI -2nd Home

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION-COM or call 888-662-4404

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
#204296

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
====
We do have affordable homes still on the water. Just sold one in New Port Richey on a canal leading to the gulf with no bridges for $130K. You just have to know where to look. Pasco County also has a low tax base. As we said, would be happy to email you some properties or show them to you if you are in the area. Please call or email us 727-647-4400. or dick@dsells.com
You can always search current listings at link below with the map search feature.
Yes I checked Port Charlotte but most of the locations I viewed and conducted "Virtual street drive bys" of were in the $200k range and New Port Ritchey seems to have an abundance of homes in the the $100k range.

I don't want to spend $200k for a 2nd home if I can avoid it --- especially with so many going below $100
Have you considered a little further south? There are a lot of beautiful waterfront properties available in the Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte area, as well as one of the largest waterfront cities Cape Coral.

Cape Coral has over 500 miles of canals comprised of freshwater, lakefront, or gulf access. Enjoy easy boating around the Cape's chain of lakes, or a short ride to the Gulf of Mexico. Homes in the Cape Coral waterfront area range from below $100k for gulf access condos, to over $3,000,000 for pure luxury.

Cape Coral is among the leaders in the nation in both market recovery and future economic growth. Take a look at the Lee County market, you may find it to your liking.
We can help, however really need more info, such as what you would be comfortable with as a purchase price, if you are wanting a dock, how many bedrooms. Give us a call, let's talk.
727-647-4400. Looking forward to hearing from you.