Home Buying in Westport>Question Details

Rudy Bakalov, Both Buyer and Seller in 08540

Looking for a buyers agent in Westport or Weston to help a family with 2 young children find the perfect home for under $650K.

Asked by Rudy Bakalov, 08540 Sun Apr 11, 2010

Considering a move from Princeton, NJ to the Westport area. Looking for a patient agent who can work with us and help us find what we have been told is impossible- a home around $650K in a good neighborhood. I have been monitoring the Westport market since last May and know this is not quite the case, but most agents seem to be interested in the $MM transactions.

Answers

9
Hi Rudy:

Just checking in with you. Have you located a home yet? I know of some on a cul-de-sac for under $525,000. Please call me if you are interested.
Betty Stroll 203-682-4327
Hi Rudy,

Another thought comes to mind as I read your latest comment. Have you considered Fairfield? This town is adjacent to Westport, also has excellent schools and tons of kids, not to mention, five beaches and two, soon to be three train stations in case you might be commuting. Many people have been moving from Westport to Fairfield because there is a great mix of people, and you can get remarkably more for your money. Just a thought, that you may want to add this town to your mix!

Linda Raymond
203-912-4440
Linda@LindaRaymondRealEstate.com
William Raveis Southport
I very much appreciate all the follow-ups to my question. I will be very busy over the next few days and won't have any time to follow up with anyone.

I am thrilled by the replies as I am indeed looking for an agent who is patient and taking the time to understand what we are looking for. I am looking for insights and personal experience living in the area, not just searches and making appointments. I am looking for an agent who is one step ahead of me and tells me things I don't know.

For example, don't tell me that this and that house is on a busy street- I already know it and chances are I have driven by it (I am here almost every day). Instead, tell me to consider the local zoning regulations that would not allow me to have a fence or tall bushes/trees within 30ft of an intersection.

Or challenge our choice of Westport or a particular neighborhood. We are assuming that we can find a place where the children can play on the neighborhood streets, but maybe this is not the case in Westport. If that's not the case (.e.g, we'll have to arrange for play dates anyway), perhaps Weston would be the better choice.

I am sure you get the idea.

Rudy
Hi Rudy- Ten days ago, my buyers closed on a house, in Westport, for $512,500. It took us quite a few tries but it can be done. I'm currently working with another couple, whose price point is only slightly higher, 700's.

You're correct, there have been quite a few Westport houses sold, under $650,000, since last May (44 to be exact.) However, some of these homes required buyer compromises. The properties may have been in poor conditions, have only 2 bedrooms, be located on a busy street, etc.

If your expectations are realistic, I would be happy to work with you to find your new home, in Westport. I love helping people move to "my town."

Marilyn Katz ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative), e-PRO
Prudential Connecticut Realty
272 Post road East
Westport, CT 06880
203-451-1977
Hi Rudy,

There are definitely options for you in Westport and Weston. I grew up in Westport, where my parents still live, and my sister lives in Weston. They are both great towns, and I would love to work with you to find your perfect home! Also, I just released my quarterly e-newsletter with the first quarter market statistics for Westport, Weston and Fairfield. Just let me know if you would like me to forward it to you.

Sincerely, Linda

Linda Raymond
Today's Realtor, Tomorrow's Dream!
William Ravies, Southport
203-912-2220
Linda@LindaRaymondRealEstate.com
Having lived in Westport and now in Weston I would be very happy to work with you. There are many very good deals in your price range in these areas. Please give me a call and we can start the process. Now is the best time to purchase in the Westport/Weston area as prices are down and rates are still low. I look forward to speaking with you. I can be reach on my cell at 203-895-4171.
Donna Katz
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
148 Main Street
Westport, CT 06880
203-227-1269 office
203-895-4171 cell
Web Reference: http://www.donnakatz.com
Sorry, forgot my cell for info below. 203-856-8501, Candace Lipira
If you would like please call me for further info on what is available in Westport. That price range has been moving quickly. The homes of course are smaller and many may need some freshening up. There are 41 700,000 and under on the market. Most have 3 beds or more. Of course I don't know much more about your specific needs. I am very patient and dig deep for my clients. Have you been signed up with a Listingbook account. As a licensed Realtor I can set an account up. This tool is great and mirrors our CMLS for Fairfield County and is in real time. It will show actives, offers accepted, homes under contract and solds.
Sincerely, Candy
Please contact me at the following:
Candace Lipira
Keller Williams Platinum Properties
candylipira@optonline.net
Rudy , if you open your search to nearby towns and are willing to put in some elbow grease it should increase your options. If I can be of any help please l
et me know. Lisa.bender@ymail.com