Dobirdsmommy, Home Buyer in Yonkers, NY

Looking for a broker who can get us a loan with 10% down with a payment plan to NYS taxes. Looking around 300-350k houses

Asked by Dobirdsmommy, Yonkers, NY Mon Feb 4, 2013

We are looking for someone to help us. We can raise our scores by paying down utilization. No current collections since 2008. Positive lines on reports 2 car loans 1 at 16 months. One we just got thru Chase.

Answers

9
Good morning Dobirdsmommy,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
You can get a mortgage if the rest of your qualifications (FICO, credit report and income) is good. You will need to get PMI since you are putting less the 20% down. You can contact me for a pre approval since I have the ability to underwrite the mortgage through the computer.
You can definitely qualify for a mortgage while being in a payment plan to NYS for back taxes as long as you can demonstrate timely payments for a minimum of 12 months. I have helped other buyers in a similar situation. It's critical that you consult with a licensed and experienced loan officer from a direct lender to do a thorough review of all aspects of your situation to determine the optimal financing solution for your purchase. I can provide you with with a complimentary preapproval in office or electronically and can be reached directly at 917.699.0183 or via email at michaeldenniston247@gmail.com. Follow me on twitter @mdenniston247.

Michael Denniston
Senior Loan Officer
NMLS License 24076
Cliffco Mortgage Bankers, est 1989
Direct Lenders
You are in a payment plan for back taxes? As long as we can provide a 12 month history showing that you have been making on time payments you should be fine. Feel free to contact me directly for assistance.
No one recently in my family has been looking for houses or anything. Which is why I came here
Ask people you may know for referrals; or consider shopping around....
I can certainly refer to you some of the areas top mortgage broker, call or email me I'd be happy to help.

Tony Murphy

Associate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence
Office: 914-328-8400 ext 329
Fax: 914-328-7902

Website: http://www.TonyMurphyHomes.com
I would contact Matt Jablonski at Mortgage Master. I've seen him do amazing things for people. You can find him at http://www.mortgagemaster.com/mjablonski . In addition to great rates and service, he's a nice guy to deal with. If anyone can find what you need, he can.

Donald Mituzas
Licensed Associate Broker
2008 Realtor of the Year
Douglas Elliman Real Estate

http://www.nyhomeseller.com
I recommend you interview a few mortgage brokers/bankers to get the best deal. I can refer some brokers who were recommended to me by past clients. If you need a referral...AskRey.

Rey Hollingsworth Falu
Licensed Associate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence - Bronxville

917.855.0277
Rey@askrey.net
AskRey.net
Web Reference: http://www.askrey.net