Don And Ales…, Renter in Monroe, MI

Looking for a 3 bedroom house for rent, rent to own, lease to own, land contract in Monroe, MI.

Asked by Don And Alesha Brown, Monroe, MI Thu Sep 27, 2012

Needs to be in a safe neighborhood and a yard is preferred as we have children. We are having a hard time finding a realtor to help us in this type of search, thank you!!!!

Answers

4
Don and Alesha,

If you're still looking for an agent to help you, please contact me. I have a leasing specialist that can help you out.

Check out my blog about rent to own/land contracts below.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Hi my name is Mike Gomez and I am an agent with Edward Surovell Realtors , my office number is 734-243-5000 ext 108 or my cell 305-776-5661. I have a house for rent in the Lasalle/Monroe area
available now.
Sincerely
Mike Gomez
Hi I'm Doug Wellman from Prudential Hudkins Realtors in Monroe. I would be more than glad to help you find a home matching the above criteria! You can contact me at 734-625-3316. I look forward to working with you!
Good evening Don and Alesha,

Rent To Own is a better deal for the Seller than it would ever be for a potential Buyer.

The basic concept is finding a way to "force" savings towards a down payment by including a portion of the monthly rental that goes towards that savings. You pay your rent every month and your Landlord deducts a pre-determined amount to hold in a special bank account, called an "escrow" account. Your Landlord holds that money until you have saved up enough---through this "forced-savings" method---to meet a down payment to purchase the home.

The terms of the purchase price, including the down payment amount, and the amount to be set aside from the rental for down payment, are all set down at the time of lease signing.

It's all about helping the renter/tenant save up enough money for a down payment to buy a home (in this case, the one you're renting). But this is a better deal for the Seller because he gets to lock in a purchase price and a buyer today for a future sale.

Saving money for a down payment? Well, heck, you can do that on your own.

If you are dedicated to the idea of buying your own home, you can create your own savings plan to save up enough money for a down payment. And when you have saved up enough for a down payment, if that takes a year or two or more, YOU get to decide on the price you're willing to pay for the house at that time based on current market conditions. You won't be locked in to a price that may be a lot higher than what the house is worth in the future.

With Rent To Own you'll be locked in both to the house and to the price, even if it takes you 3 years to save enough through the forced savings of the rent payments. What happens if three years from now your life situation has changed? Maybe you need a bigger/smaller home. Maybe your employment has relocated. Maybe your credit or income is insufficient to qualify for a mortgage loan.

Find a way to save up on your own; not with Rent To Own.

Sit down with a local Mortgage Banker and get yourself prequalified, too. You may find you're better qualified than you think you are, and, if you're not, at least you'll know how much loan your income and credit qualify you for, and how much you have to save towards down payment and closing costs.

Trevor Curran