Home Buying in Brookland>Question Details

Dcdoll, Home Buyer in Brookland, Washington,...

Looking for 3BR 2BA home in DC proper for $225K tops. What areas do you suggest?

Asked by Dcdoll, Brookland, Washington, DC Thu Apr 14, 2011

Looking for a 3BR 2BA in DC proper for $225K tops. Up and coming area OK but must be safe for carless single woman, I am OK with some cosmetic work and updating OK but I do not want to do any major renovations. What areas in DC are suggested?

Answers

6
Hi, Doll,
I have several listings available in DC. Check out our website and let me know which home you prefer
Thank you
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 14, 2013
Hello Doll,

There are parts of the city where you can purchase finding your criteria. you can search on my site below and give me a call you when you find something you want to see.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
Hello DCdoll,

It has been two years now since you last posted this question here. I want to know what happened? Did you ever buy a house? And if so when did you buy it? Please share your experiences here. What you will share will definitely help a new first time home buyer who is either looking to buy a house or already in the process of buying a house.

And who do you know that I need to know who is in the market to buy and/or sell a house? With historic low interest rates and lot of inventory for home buyers to choose from,this is a great time to buy,sell or invest in real estate. Happy Holidays to you and your family. Take care.
Hello, This price range can be accomplished! I would look in 20019. There are areas over there that are up and coming, around Homeland Security. I know the area well and can assist. There are also may be other units in Brookland area that may need a little work. Parts of S.E. will work as well. Please send me an email at valerie@bestaddress.com and I will send a list of properties that may work. Also, there is a new program in the District to fully assist with downpayment. I have a lender that I can send your way as well. -Valerie
Hello DCdoll,

It has been two years now so I am assuming that you have brought your house in Washington DC. How did it go? How long did it take? Please share your experiences here. What you will share will definitely help a new first time home buyer who is either looking to buy a house or already in the process of buying a house. Good luck to you. Take care.
Dcdoll,

Wonder why you received no responses. Anyway, I have a client now who is buying in N.E. DC. The area is decent and the price is under $200. There is a property around the corner from this one selling under $225 and it is renovated with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths. Let me know if I can help you. It is possible to get what you want for that price. I would look in NE and SE DC.

Leila Brown
703 679-8741
Web Reference: http://www.tlcwithlcb.com