Brian, Home Buyer in 19406

Looking for Agent who specializes in Pre-Foreclosure Properties

Asked by Brian, 19406 Mon Sep 16, 2013

Hello everyone. I am looking for a referral for an agent who specializes in pre-foreclosure properties in Montgomery County. In particular, single family homes. This includes short sales and mortgages that are in distress (MLS listed an unlisted properties). Thank you.

Hello Brian,

As a mortgage loan officer I have worked with numerous agents on short sales and distressed properties. I work with them behind the scenes to get the mortgage to the table. In working with them it becomes clear to me who knows what they are doing and who does not. With foreclosures and short sales you need to be proactive rather than reactive so it is imperative that the agent pays attention to detail. I just worked through a nightmare of a deal and the agent was on the ball throughout the process. She knew the process well and had no problem going to the bank to pay for repairs to the foreclosed property. Yes and the bank did pay for them. Many times I have been told by Realtors that the bank won't do this, the bank won't do that. That's all a bunch of garbage. If it makes sense the bank will do whatever is necessary to get the deal done as long as it makes sense. Sometimes you need a Realtor who pushes back. The one I am thinking of is in Montgomery County and I think would fit your needs. Aggressive, proactive and with the buyers best interests at heart. She also has a knowledgeable assistant that gets involved where necessary. Let me know if you need a name.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
NMLS ID 143960
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 17, 2013
The pre-foreclosure process is when the lender has filed a Notice of Default and that period lasts typically three months in which the borrower must do something to cure the delinquency (payment arrangements, modification, short sale or deed in lieu) or the home will be auctioned. The pre-foreclosure period can take much longer than three months depending on the type of workout with the bank or how fast the bank is to execute the foreclosure.

Several consumer real estate web portals, this one included, syndicate municipal public records reflecting this status. Unfortunately, it should not be inferred that a pre-foreclosure is available. Keep in mind the owner may negotiate the home back, the foreclosure process may take years, or the bank may sell it privately to an investor. In these instances, the public will never know it was for sale.

As for short sales, I've both listed and bought them. If I can be assistance, let me know. Good Hunting!
Brian, Look no further. I have a great track record for short sale properties and work directly with some of the industries biggest servicers. I have spent time learning how to facilitate short sales over the past few years and hold a CDPE designation which specializes in these exact situations. In the event you would like to explore the options that are currently available to you I'd be more than willing to set up some time to talk.

Chris Nelson, ABR
Philadelphia Magazine Five Star Professional Award 2012, 2013
National REO Broker Association (NRBA) Member
REOMAC Member Member
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
794 Penllyn Pike, Ste. 120
Blue Bell, Pa 19422
215.641.2500 Main
215.641.2542 Fax
484.576.7430 Cell*