Home Buying in Dumont>Question Details

mshand74, Home Buyer in Linden, NJ

Looking buy a home in union county the mortgage broker says if I buy in Union county then i wont qualify for help as i live in bergen is this true

Asked by mshand74, Linden, NJ Mon Dec 5, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


What sort of help are you talking about? If it's downpayment assistance, NJHMFA is state-wide. If you qualify, it doesn't matter where you are moving from. (btw, if you are buying in the same town you work in, that could allow for a larger grant)
Reach out if you'd like to discuss.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 20, 2012
Were you able to buy a home in December of 2011? Regards,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 14, 2012
What kind of help? Loan officer I use can get a grant in any state of nj.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 6, 2011
In order to better answer your question, can you specify whether or not that you are applying for a grant or down payment assistance? If not, then you might want to consider speaking to another mortgage broker. A licensed mortgage broker in New Jersey should be able to do mortgages anywhere in the state.

Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 5, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer