Home Buying in Madison>Question Details

Vivian, Other/Just Looking in Great Falls, VA

Looking at vac home on the CT shore. Need to have access to active tennis. Looking at Madison and Fenwick. Are there other towns I should look at?

Asked by Vivian, Great Falls, VA Wed Jan 12, 2011

Answers

4
Hi Vivian,
Yes, wonderful towns to consider are Essex to Branford, including Old
SayBrook,& Madison of course. Also Guilford, Clinton & Westbrook.
Would love to help.
Regards, Jade Papageorge
Prudential CT Realty
203-318-3128
JadePapageorge.com
Hi Vivian,

You certainly have targeted two outstanding communities for vacation homes. You may also want to add to your list the Towns of Guilford and Branford. Having resided in Branford and currently residing in Guilford, I know first hand that both of these towns offer their residents a wonderful lifestyle.

Whether it be private clubs (indoor and outdoor), tennis associations or public courts you will find them in Guilford and Branford. Public outdoor courts are under the direction and maintained by each individual town's recreation department and most of them are lite for night matches.

Guilford is a shoreline community located between Branford and Madison. In addition to public courts, there are private homes with tennis courts, and the private Guilford Racquet & Swim Club which has thrieved along the shoreline for many years. This tennis club offers both indoor and outdoor courts with an array of tennis activites and instructions. There is also a swimming pool for club members during the summer months.

The Town of Branford is a wonderful shoreline community located just east of New Haven. Not only will you find a wonderful park system with well lite and well maintained public courts but you will also find The Pine Orchard Club, which is a private club, located directly on the water and offers its members tennis, golf, boat dockage, pool and dining.

Whether looking for a single family home along the shoreline, a country home or a condomium you should certainly consider both Guilford and Branford in your search. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or comments you may have at ccusano@wpsir.com. I look forward to your response.

Cordially,
Carol Cusano
Realtor, ABR
Cell Phone: 203-430-9643
You chose a couple great, shoreline towns. For tennis, Madison has the Town Campus as well as Madison Racquet & Swim Club. In Old Saybrook, there is the Old Saybrook Racquet Club. Guilford is another popular vacation home venue which offers Guilford Racquet & Swim Club. Each town has its own unique feel. I'd be happy to educate you on the differences as well as show you around. My cell is 203-671-0295.
There are a number of great locations on the shoreline. I'd also suggest Branford, Guilford (to the West of Madison) as well as Clinton and Old Saybrook (just East of Madison).
Each town has it's own vibe, community and feel. Many of these towns have some neighborhoods that include private tennis courts, and homes that are a short walk to the beach.

Are you looking for a waterfront home, walk-to-beach or a drive-to-beach location? Would you consider a condo? There are a number of condo complexes that include tennis courts and are right near the water.

I specialize in residential homes in this area. I'd be happy to help you find a vacation home on the Connecticut shoreline. You can reach me at Scott@CTProperty.com or 203-815-9118.

Scott Silverstone, Realtor®
Page Taft Real Estate
A Christie's Great Estates Affiliate
Offices in Guilford, Madison & Essex
203-815-9118 (Mobile)
203-453-6511 x119 (Office) http://www.ctproperty.com
http://www.trulia.com/profile/scottsilverstone/
Web Reference: http://www.ctproperty.com