Home Buying in Harlem>Question Details

Kschul5178, Home Buyer in Long Beach, NY

Looking at coops in marine park, Brooklyn and Howard beach, queens. Both areas appear reasonable in cost with reasonable monthly maintenance charges.

Asked by Kschul5178, Long Beach, NY Thu May 16, 2013

any thoughts, suggestions, recommendation as to which area may be more desirable? Public transp is not an issue as we have cars.

Answers

5
Visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 16, 2013
I think it is very dependent upon your goals and objectives. Both do have very very reasonable costs. The questions that I would pose are:
1) Does one have better future saleability based on development in the neighboring areas?
2) Are there other locations that might me similar in expense and have better resale potential (Kew Gardens Hills for example) that you may want to consider as public transportation is better. You may not need it, but your future buyer may.
3) How well managed are the co-ops that you are looking at?
4) In looking at your future, which area will be better as your life/life style changes/needs change?

I am certain that there are more questions to ask to you, but it would be much better in a conversation!

Kelly KIllian
Licensed Associate Broker - Charles Rutenberg - Manhattan and Brooklyn
Licensed Real Estate Broker - Kelly NYC - Queens
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 16, 2013
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
Desirability is in the eye of the beholder. One may prefer this over that and so it goes. Aside from the building, have you compared neighborhood amenities? Are schools important to you? Is there enough places to buy food, a little nightlife, have some fun, take a stroll, watch the grass grow? Just a few thoughts of mine as they all make up part of why one would buy somewhere rather than somewhere else. Good luck. I'm sure whatever you decide will be the best decision.
The answer you would get from this forum can be be very subjective if were were allowed to answer.. However, as licensed salespersons/brokers we cannot "steer" you in any one direction without the risk that our answer could be considered discriminatory and therefore illegal in our real estate laws. It's very easy to get the info you are looking from on line.