Home Buying in Naperville>Question Details

Refresh73, Home Seller in Dupage County, IL

Looking at buying a home in the Naperville or Lisle area in the next year. Any areas I should avoid in terms of frequent flooding problems?

Asked by Refresh73, Dupage County, IL Fri Jul 27, 2012

Would love an area which is walk-friendly to a shopping area, a park, or restaurants. But, my budget is around $250,000--for a ranch home. Impossible request?

Answers

6

Yes, you can find a ranch home for around $250,000 near shopping, parks and restaurants. Real estate is my passion so I will be honored to do the research to find you a home you love in a location you love. Please send your email to MarianneHofmann@att.net or call 630-664-9472.

You are very smart to be shopping for a home while prices are still stable and interest rates are at 3.5% for a 30 year fixed loan. Hope to hear from you soon!
Realist database will show areas susceptible to flooding.
Flooding is not and issue to worry about unless your on the river or in a flood zone.

Yes, you can find a ranch in Naperville for 250k as I just had one listed. There are so many opportunities. Find a great agent and work with one like myself that will be on top of it and give you full service and make you a top priority. The agent system is so efficient and a lot deeper than you can find on your own. Sometimes I find listings prior to going on the market. Your price range is competitive and you need an agent on the top to find the right one for you.

Tamara Schuster, Broker
Prudential Elite
Full Service Full TIme
Buyers Agent

http://www.BrokerOfNaperville.com
Hi Refresh73,

I just sold a ranch in Lisle for $250,000 a few months back. 3BR/2BA with finished basement, new siding, new roof and brand new upgraded kitchen. On a 1/3 of an acre as well with a two car garage.

Not all of those in Lisle will be fixed up like that but in the 200-250K price range you can get a good location and a good home. May need a thing or two fixed up but that is not a bad thing.

Naperville is much larger than Lisle so it all depends on where in Naperville you want to look. I live in unincorporated Naperville on the Lisle/Naperville border (grew up in Lisle my entire life) and there are some great places for sale right now in the $250K range.

As far as avoiding....not really. Depends on what you want to avoid. Some neighborhoods are better built than others but may not have a better location. All depends on your priorities and then you customize your search based on those priorities.

I know you are not actively looking and just gathering information. Keep my information and reach out when you are ready. I'd be more than happy to pass along my experience in these areas to help you make the best decision.

If you do want to get an accurate look at the market outside of Trulia, Zillow and others I can get you set up on auto-emails from my local MLS. This information is accurate and up to date. The others are fun but do not always have the correct information. We just set you up on the emails and I pretty much leave you alone. When you have questions or are ready to start looking just reach out and I'll answer those questions or schedule showings on your behalf. Sound like a good plan? If so here is my contact information:

Mike Long
Realty Executives Premiere
(630) 446-0289
mikelong@realtyexecutives.com

Grew up in Lisle and currently live in Naperville. Realtor since 1998. If you need any references from past buyers in this area let me know....I'd be happy to provide that information.
Hello ,

It is challenging, but you could still do it in this environment of depressed real estate values . I don’t know your time line , but fall is always a good time to find property at better prices then the heated spring or summer time market . For you to be able to buy this fall , I would start looking now , and a great Real Estate agent will be able to steer you in the right direction. If you would like to start your search online, my team offers a service that will give you access to all the properties that are for sale in the area you are looking . This is the same information that the Realtors have, unlike Zillow and other online which is sometimes not updated or inaccurate .

Contact us at http://www.ridhiraheja.com and we will be happy to sign you up , there is no charge for the service .
Thank you for posting your question on Trulia. Your request is not impossible, at all. I will email you some homes that are currently on the market. This information will be helpful in educating you as to our current market. When you are ready to start looking you will be able to focus on specfic areas. Please contact me with your email address.