Mccormi, Both Buyer and Seller in New York, NY

Looking at a 4000 sq ft property in Woolwich assessed at $212000, owner asking $439; what should I offer

Asked by Mccormi, New York, NY Thu Apr 9, 2009

So not to confuse you should not look at assessed values when addressing pricing. Assessed values are placed by the taxing authority and many times have a regard to ratios or percentages of an actual value. For instance Woolwich has a ratio of 49.70% if the assessed value is 212000 then the assessor has the actual value at $426,559 So the owner is actually asking over the assessed value. That again should not have a factor in determining a value of property since assessments do not generally take place every year. So the actual assessed value does not not take into consideration of todays pricing characteristics, such economic, much needed repairs, or upgrades and also the emotional factor of "I gotta have it now"! Which is almost what I hear in your statement. Please contact a realtor to make a market analysis of what the property is worth. i know so many people think they can value a property on their own. and some can... but real statistics do not lie. a "good" realtor will provide you with those stats. So when you make your offers, it will be an informed one.
I work in the area of Gloucester county. If you like help please call me. or email me... I'll be happy to forward this info right to your inbox! no hassles and no pressures.

Larry Sarlo
Weichert Realtors - Washington Twp