Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

marlin, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Looking at a home in Steeplechase. Any thoughts on the neighborhood and area. new to Houston and a first time home buyer.

Asked by marlin, Houston, TX Mon Jul 1, 2013

I've heard good things about the cyfair area but know very little. any further information you can provide would be extremely helpful.

Answers

14
Martin, if you are still looking in Steeplechase, I am aware of a beautiful new townhouse that my clients were building that will be coming on the market within days. Unfortunately, they have had to withdraw from the project. The townhouse is almost completed. Please contact me if you are interested to know more.
ecgrier@kw.com
832-472-9825
Hi Marlin,

I am a Sr. Mortgage Banker with Sente Mortgage. I would be glad to discuss any financing needs or questions and make sure we find the best loan for your needs.

We are a Mortgage Bank offering the widest variety of products and pricing, in-house Processing and Underwriting, with start-to-finish control over the loan process. While big-box banks offer similar control, the only products they offer are those they service. Mortgage brokers also offer a wide variety of products, but your loan approval and closing may be delayed subject to the approval of entities that are not a part of the brokerage.

Addie Sechelski, Mortgage Banker - NMLS #176511

mobile/text 832.754.6711 | office 281.657.0472 x320| fax 866.596.7677
addie.sechelski@sentemortgage.com
Apply Online: http://www.CloseWithAddie.com
Marlin,
Here are some good steps to start your search for Information about this area.
Look at the local Realtor offices in the area.
Call the Office manager and ask to talk to the office manager, He or she will contact you with the best local agents.... They can certainly take you around and answer all your questions about the area as well as housing questions...
You can also call local law enforcement and ask about what information they can tell you about the area as well....
Just some tips to get you started......
Hello Marlin,

Thank you for your post here on Trulia.

What features about the home and surrounding appeal to you? Average home price in this area is close to $100,000. Are you looking for specific amenities, schools, type of home?

Cyfair Independent School District is rated well and is huge. Cyfair itself extends and encompasses a wide area.

Since you are a first time home buyer, have you contacted a lender to find out what you will be pre-approved for so you are prepared with your budget and have a good idea of what to focus on? If you need a lender name, I can refer you some names. If you need to find out more about the entire transaction process, please feel free to call me and I will be happy to explain. Please remember to have a Buyer's agent representing you - it does not cost you anything, but a good agent will be able to help you and guide you every step of the way. Your first home should be a joyful and exciting experience, and with a good realtor by your side, it will be.

I am available if you have any questions.

Persis
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
I know the Steeplechase and surrounding area well. My husband and I purchased our first home in Steeplechase 27 years ago. The area has grown a lot since then and so has the Cy-Fair School District. I'm assisting several buyers in that area right now. One of my clients has purchased a couple of houses in Steeplechase for investment properties. If you would rather "try out" the subdivision first before purchasing, my investor client is closing on a property in Steeplechase in 2 weeks and will try around and lease it.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Warm regards,

Sharon Fritsche, Realtor
Principal - Broker
Step By Step Real Estate, LLC
Sharon@StepByStep.pro
(713) 303-8160
Hey Marlin...the Cy-Fair school district is great overall but it's very big so not all the schools are equal. If you don't have kids, you still want to think about what immediate schools your home will zoned to as this will affect your re-sale value. I would be happy to work with you in your search efforts but I would recommend looking at some other areas as well before a making a move of this magnitude.

Shane O'Neill
Realty Associates
832 233 2311
sdo2212@gmail.com
http://www.har.com/shaneoneill
Marlin,
Just to add to the conversation, here are links to more info about the Steeplechase area....
http://www.har.com/neighborhoods/subdivisions-in-77065-11147…

http://m.trulia.com/real_estate/Steeplechase_Corner-Houston/31632/
Hi marthis is a great area right on fm1960 which turns into hwy6 ang just minutes away from hwy 290 and beltway 8 is also may be 5-6 min away. Great schools. Please let me know the property and I'll happy to help you.
Shagufta sheikh
281-300-5520
Great area, great schools.
Email me to discuss further.
Lina Botero-
LBotero@kw.com
I have a wonderful townhome for sale/lease in the Willowbrook area if you're interested. 2BR 2 1/2 BA...wonderful quiet neighborhood with access to major highways
I'm in steeplechase now taking photos of a new listing... Yes CYFair school are great and the area is nice. Feel free to contact me and we can talk more about what you are looking for. I grew up in the area and am very familiar with the Real Estate... Talk soon...

Kevin Sechelski
832.545.5503
Contact@HouseHuntingHouston.com

Kevin Sechelski
832.545.5503
Contact@HouseHuntingHouston.com

Kevin Sechelski
832.545.5503
Contact@HouseHuntingHouston.com
Marlin,

Cy-Fair is a great place to live and it has wonderful schools. Here is the link to the school district demographics! http://www.har.com/school/dispDistrictDetail.cfm?id=101907

I would love to show you the home. Please contact me! Talk to you soon!

Diane Schrakamp
Total Real Estate Services
832-620-6304
dschrakamp@gmail.com