KiKi, Home Buyer in Round Lake, IL

Looking at a few new construction builders who are offering the option to rent the home we are in now if you buy new...Has any one worked with this b4

Asked by KiKi, Round Lake, IL Wed Sep 21, 2011

Looking at a couple of builders in the lake county area who are working with a property managment company -Market place- that can lease the home your in now (up to 6 years) if you buy new. My boyfriend has a realtor but do we need to take him just to find out if we can even afford the places and see if my boyfriend even likes the floorplanI don't want to waste everyone's time but I was told you have to register your realator and I didn't want him to drive up for nothing.
Thanks for your help

Answers

1
Hi Kiki
Most builders will honor your request to be represented by an agent if you mention it before you go there. Call the sales office and lay out the scenario, most often they are happy to have a represented buyer and will not exclude your agent of choice if you are upfront about it. As for getting pre-approved, talk to a lender and they can run your numbers, credit scores, job history, debt to income ratios, etc. No reason to look at a property if you are not qualifying for a mortgage in these tough underwriting lender days.

If you like my answer, best answer me and a thunbs up, Thanks!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 23, 2011