Home Buying in San Jose>Question Details

Goldfish, Home Buyer in 95111

Location: Basking Ridge or Berryessa?

Asked by Goldfish, 95111 Mon Dec 5, 2011

Can anyone shed any light onto my question?
I'm trying to decide between two homes; one in the Basking Ridge area of Santa Teresa (95138) and one in the Hostetter/4 Oaks Berryessa area (95131).
Which location is better? Which homes are worth more?

Answers

7

The other realtors are right. What are you looking for in a home. You should have your realtor not only give you statistics on values of homes surrounding the properties you are looking at but also look at the schools surrounding the home as well. Hostetter and Berryessa I am sure are better and are definitely better for resale value as well.
Don't hesitate to call if you need more help. I am a Short Sale Specialist, REO and HAFA certified as well and have grown up in the bay area as well.

Lillie Missbrenner, Realtor
Better Homes and Garden Previously Prudential California Realty
Only you can determine which neighborhood feels like home to you. What are you looking for in a neighborhood and home? Schools? Commute? Views?...

My personal preference is Basking Ridge which is based on I've sold in there before and I like how it feels every time I show property in there. You have a newer community of homes and condos. Yes, the lots are smaller and the freeway is close by. The last time I checked the elementary school scored very well, but the other schools were not up to par, yet.

If you are working with an agent ask your agent for information to assist you in making your decision.

All the best to you.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
HI Bambi,

Ask yourself what are you looking for in each area, Basking Ridge and Hostetter Beryessa? Are you looking for school district or are you interested in new homes with new amenities and small lot? Or are you looking for a home that is near your work place?
I believe after you asked yourself with a lot of "What" questions, you'll know exactly what you are looking for.

Have a wonderful day!

Gabe
Web Reference: http://www.4reohomes.us
Basking Ridge will be newer and values will be more consistent due to the number of units in the development. The downside is the lot sizes are pretty small. Berryessa will be on a house by house basis and the area was hit pretty hard buy short sales. It's all come down to personal preferences, desired schools, proximity to work/commute time, crime rates, desired community etc. My personal preference would be Basking Ridge. Again newer, nicer area, lower crime rates and more consistent values. Best of luck with your search and feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

George Nowicki REALTOR®
Cell: 408.892.3379
DRE# 01363797
Email: George@Nowicki.net
Website: http://www.GeorgeNowicki.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GeorgeNowicki.Realtor
Twitter: twitter.com/GeorgeNowicki
BLOG: georgenowickisrealestatenews.blogspot.com

Realty World Platinum
3333 Bowers Ave #130
Santa Clara. CA 95054
Hi Xxxbambixxx,
All of the homes in the Basking Ridge area are newer (between 5 and 13 years) and it is a good location. There are different builders in the area; if you are interested in I am able to assist you. You won't be able to find the same nice house for this price in the Hostetter/4 Oaks area.

Kevin Vo
Real Estate Agent
408-228-2161
kevinvohomes@yahoo.com
I like the Basking Ridge area because I know it better, but that's an opinion, not fact based on any hard data. It certainly is farther away. I just took a new listing there on Basking Ridge Ave - it's a a 3/2.5 1,843sf, good condition newer home built in 2006. Not on the market yet, it's a short sale, it'll be available in the next week or two. I'm happy to show it off market if you're interested.

Good luck with your search!
-Bart
(408) 420-8270
Thank you for your inquiry:

In my opinion, the best location is the one that works best for you. In General the I think that the Berryessa location is best for the commute to work in the Silicon Valley.

The Basking Ridge location is best if your priority is a more rural community, and the longer commute to the Silicaon Valley is not a problem for you.

With respect to the issue of worth, the key is to get a very accurate determination of the true Fair Market Value of the property and pay no more than that for the house.

Both Berryessa and Basking Ridge are good locations. I recommend that you base your decision on your priorities and what is most important to you.

.