nettiepooh_ar, Home Buyer in Cordova, TN

Loan was denied 2 weeks before closing on home

Asked by nettiepooh_ar, Cordova, TN Thu May 31, 2012

My husband and I were pre-approved for the USDA loan at the beginning of the year. Our home was since been built. Meanwhile, the underwriters denied the loan stating that my husband has inconsistences on his W-2 (which they knew) two weeks before closing on our home in June. His credit score is 630. The loan officer has not returned any phone calls and we had to find out about the denial from an agent. What should we do?

Answers

3
try talking with your loan officer's supervisor. You may need to go to another lender. Does the builder have a lender who can help? Your loan officer may have known about the inconsistencies, but had your loan gone to underwriting?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
The underwriter was the one who denied the loan. And now our house is up for sale. Come to think of it, a for sale sign was on the house the whole month of May??!!
Flag Thu May 31, 2012
Call me at 870-629-9168 or go to my website rolloway@primelending.com. I work for Prime Lending...Rosie
Call Don Massingill 901-351-7229 Evolve bank to see how he can help you.